Will These Look Better with Reduction? (Photos)

Hi there I have a 32H cup. I have nursed two babies, but I do not feel that this has altered the shape, size or firmness of my breast. My problem is hanging and asymmetry. I always need a bra, and cannot wear what i want. I am 24. Ive spoken with a doc. that said reduction was only option. I am scared for unnatural shape, especially loss of upper fullness. I still was cleavage, but I do not want them to hang. Is this possible? I am also concerned for scars. What is possible for me?

Breast Reduction

+3

Hello

You have both asymmetry and saggy breasts.  A breast reduction will improve the asymmetry and the droopy breasts.  It will reduce the size and take away any neck, shoulder and back pain that may be caused from the breast size.  Breast reduction, especially if a superior-medial pedicle is used will actually preserve and enhance your upper pole fullness.  Your cleavage will also be preserved.

You should book a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area so that all the options can be explained to you and the procedure explained in detail.

I think you are a good candidate fro a bilateral breast reduction.

All the best

Stephen Salerno

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Not so Flimsy

+2

Dear Flimsy,

Your breasts appear very large and very asymmetric.  A breast lift or reduction will result in much more naturally appearing breasts, even with the scars, because your breast shape will be much improved.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Will These Look Better with Breast Reduction?

+2

Although there is limited information provided here, it sounds like you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction/lifting surgery.  This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
It also sounds like you may benefit from additional in-person consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work and make sure you feel comfortable with the quality and consistency of the work performed. During these consultations, you may be able to see other patients ( similar to yourself) who have undergone breast reduction surgery.

Ultimately,  you will need to decide whether the “pros” ( benefits) of breast reduction surgery outweigh the potential “cons” ( potential risk/complications, including abnormal scarring).  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you educate yourself about the pros/cons of the breast reduction procedure.

Breast Reduction Surgery Has a High Degree of Patient Satisfaction

+1

Dear Flimsy in Scandanavia,

Your pictures confirm the problems that you describe. Your breasts are very different in size and they have lost shape.  A breast lift on the left and a reduction to match on the right is likely to be a very nice improvement for you.  The scars will be a necessary trade-off, but most women that choose a breast lift or reduction are glad they made the choice.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Agree

+1

A reduction is the best to equalize the breasts and improve the droopieness and make them a little smaller and put them back where they belong.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

+1

Sorry to say a reduction with the possible scars is your better option. seek IN PERSON opinions from PSs in your area. 

Breast Reduction - Is Cleavage Possible?

+1

You have inquired with good questions.  Breast Reduction and Breast Lift require the same incisions (around the areola, from areola to fold and across the fold).  The length of the incision in the fold depends on the amount of tissue and/or skin which needs to be removed.  I highly recommend you seek at least two consultations from Board Certified  Plastic Surgeons who have experience with breast reductions and breast lifts.  Request to review before and after pictures.  Inquire to the amount of these surgeries performed within a year.  Usually, cleavage can be obtained without risk.  Also, breast tissue may be transferred from your lower breast to the upper breast to give you more upper pole fullness (if you have enough breast tissue).  There are certain guidelines that are required if insurance were to be responsible for a breast reduction.There should be no reason perkier breasts could be obtained, although we take into consideration your skin quality.  If you have had stretching of the breast skin (usually with weight gain or pregnancy), then the skin does not retract as well.  We recommend you wear good support post-operatively to maintain a fabulous result.  If you have further questions, I would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Will These Look Better with Reduction?

+1

I would recommend a right sided reduction and a left sided lift.  This would improve symmetry and size discrepancy and increase upper pole fullness if performed well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast reductions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Reduction is the answer.

+1

Thank you for your photographs.  Your breast size and shape can be treated nicely by a breast reduction.  The trade off for this better shape will be the incisions.  The incisions can fade nicely over a year.  I think you will be pleased with your results.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Better than Reduction

+1

You would have an amazing improvement in size, shape, symmetry, and most importantly, the symptoms getting better. Find a great surgeon and get it done!

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon