I Have Wobbly Skin on the Thighs After Weightloss, is Liposuction Enough, or Do I Need a Lift?

During my second pregnancy, I gained a lot weight. Now, one year later, I have lost all the pregnancy weight (20 kg) and I am back in my old jeans! Sadly, the skin on the inside of my legs have become wobbly with light cellulite. This skin is saggy and embarrassing, and I want it gone. Considering my size, and relatively young skin, can liposuction be enough to correct this, so I can have the youthful legs I deserve? Or will a inner thigh lift (groin incision) secure me a more satisfactory result?

Thigh lift , Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Adibfar

+1

Hello;

Liposuction does not improve the laxity of the skin that you are describing.

According to your description , it seems that you may benefit from a medial thigh lift for more optimal results. Whether this is going to be a short (groin) or long (vertical) scar thigh lift can be decided by your plastic surgeon who should be well trained in any advance body contouring procedure .

Thigh lift

+1

Liposuction generally won't correct a loose skin problem in the medial thighs. This would require a longitudinal medial thigh lift (scar down the thigh) or a direct lift in the groin. Either way, the lift will correct the deformities you describe.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Inner Thighs

+1

A tummy tuck will lift the medial thighs quite a bit as a secondary benefit.   If skin is saggy there is no option to a surgical thigh lift.  Liposuction and all the tech advertising of cellulite correction will  not work a hoot.   See several experienced ABPS surgeons. This is not an easy operation and it must be precise.  I have been referred many that were awful to say the least.  Be cautious.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Flimsy,

thank you for your post.  Definitely 'wobbly' skin will become more 'wobbly' and less tight as it deflates with fat loss (lipo).  You need a skin tightening procedure such as an inner thight lift for this. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I Have Wobbly Skin on the Thighs After Weight Loss, is Liposuction Enough, or Do I Need a Lift?

+1

If you have wobbly skin, then a medial thigh lift will probably give you the superior result.   The liposuction could possibly make the area worse, but an exam would be necessary to make any concrete recommendations.    Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Look at website before and after photos and decide which surgeon can give the results you desire.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Thigh Lift

+1

It is difficult to answer your question with out at least a picture better an examination. In general if you have excess skin only surgical excision will improve the lax wobbly skin. Groin scar medial thigh lift will improve lax skin in the upper medial thigh, it does not translate to the lower thigh.