Scalp Pain After Endo Brow Surgery?

I had an endo brow and face lift 1 month ago. I still have numbness around my ears and forehead which I understand is normal at this stage. My concern is with the sensations I am experiencing on my scalp as there seems to have been little improvement since the procedure. The scalp is numb, yet the skin has a burning sensation and is very sensitive to the touch. I have consulted my PS who says in 3 months everything should be fine. Are these normal symptoms?

Pain

+1

Pain and discomfort after surgery can take time to resolve. I would advise you to give this at least 6 months or longer

Pain and numbness after brow lift

+1

These symptoms are not unusual and vary from patient to patient.  In most cases, they resolve by 6 months.  Patience after surgery is difficult, as you want to see the results you've paid and suffered for.  Rest assured that this generally improves. 

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Understanding discomfort after brow lift

+1

After an endoscopic browlift, there is often some discomfort.  Some people have actual pain because of this, and it’s probably because of traction on the nerves with the subperiosteal approach and the lifting and stretch that has to be done.  It usually goes away, and if not will often respond to small injections of steroid or Kenalog.

James Carraway, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Not unusual

+1

You can have healing skin and nerves that can give you these kinds of symptoms for a  few weeks to a couple months after surgery. Be patient with your body.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Pain from Endo browlift.

+1

This happens often and is to be expected and should go away in 3-6 months. See your surgeon if still there after 6 months.