Scalp Micropigmentation and Removing Tattoo Ink from the Scalp by Laser?

I have recently completed a course in scalp micropigmentation. One of the procedures involves shading the scalp with pigment. We were told that should the client want it removed, or go completely bald, a laser could remove the tattoo pigment. I am concerned about its safety on the whole head What are your thoughts?

It is not all true

Not all SMP can be removed.
If your client wants SMP removed that is a failure.
SMP should be done with an understanding that it is permanent like a tattoo.
It generally cannot be removed. 
It is very difficult to remove SMP from the entire head.

For example pigment containing Iron Oxide cannot be easily removed
Certain SMP colors cannot be removed well.

Doctors can SURGICALLY remove them as we have on many BAD SMP from other clinics.
Those SMP were not able to be removed with any laser.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Treating SMP frailures

The use of lasers such as the Q-switch laser works well as it does not kills the hair on your head. It takes time for the body to react to the laser treatment and sometimes it takes more than a few treatments. The key of course, is to get it right the first time. See our web-site below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon