Can a Scalp Lipoma Extend Beyond Fascia?

Over 10 years ago I had a golf-ball size lipoma removed from my scalp. About 3 years ago I noticed recurrent infections and pain in the site and displaced hair growth. About 8 dermatologist told me I was nuts despite an MRI indicating a remaining lipoma. This year I had the scar resected and more tumor removed, I'm still having pain and pulling, seems like skin and hair are involved. Is it possible it is below superficial fascia?

Scalp lipoma

+2

its hard to answer this question without seeing the mri.

it is possible that a lipoma could put pressure on the hair follicle and cause it not to grow if big enough.

i have never seen a lipoma cause an infection.

so the infections are probably unrelated.

as far as lipoma location they can be just about anywhere. above or below fascia.

Ashburn General Surgeon