Scalp Advance Safe After Previous Coronal Incision ?

I've had unsatisfactory brow bone reduction done via coronal incision. I would like to have revision + scalp advance in the future. This means there will be new incision at the hairline. Is it safe to do this ?

Safety of scalp advancement after bicoronal incision

+1

Thank you for your question. I think you are aware that there are risks with this procedure. Scalp necrosis, hair loss asymmetry etc, all can happen. You need t see a plastic surgeon  and address your concerns. examination of the scalp and determining if the strip of the scalp between the two incision will have good blood supply before surgery is important.

Scalp advance after coronal incision.

+1

Scalp advance after coronal incision can be done but it depends on the extent of your coronal incision. I have done this without a problem but I would have to see it to determine this for sure and whether a tissue expander would be needed. This type of reconstructive surgery is covered in our textbook for plastic surgeons, Aesthetic and Recon. Surg. of the scalp.

Hairline advancement

+1

In the presence of a bicoronal incision from previous surgery, a hairline incision may not be as safe,

Depending on the position of your eyebrow may be able to advance the hairline a short distance through the bicoronal incision.