Scab + stitch on belly button 4 weeks PO? (photo)

I got a full tummy tuck done on 25th Oct 2013. I think I'm doing well however this belly button scab is worrying me. I live in the UK and had a TT done in France. The inconvenience is that I can't see my PS for check ups. I have an appointment scheduled on 2nd Jan 2014 when I'll be returning to France to visit relatives. Can anyone reassure me this looks ok? I've also been wearing a binder 24/7 and started pealing probably as it's not been exposed to fresh air?

Update: I have now looked at my belly button again if the brown bits were gone. My PS used glue as my TT was done in France and I live in England. could any PS get back to me and reassure me that it looks ok. These pictures taken 5 weeks PO. Does my belly button looks healthy? Thank you for your time.

Scab After 4 Weeks Post Op

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said I urge you to be seen immediately. If you cannot see your surgeon, you need to find a board certified surgeon in your area who can treat your wound.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

+1

To me the posted photos are of concern. You need to be seen to address this issue NOW! Travel back to the surgeon..//

Your Belly Button looks fine !

+1

It looks fine. Do not worry. It seems like a crust (dry secretion). You can try to clean it with alcohol swab gently. Sometimes a stitch might be encountered there. Do not panic and you can try to remove if possible. otherwise your doctor will during the next appointment. Dryness and itchiness are common symptoms post operatively and due to the tight garment material and a good moisturizer on daily basis can relief you significantly. Good luck!

Ioannis Michael Ch. Salivaras, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon