How many syringes of Radiesse for my nasolabial lines? (photo)

And do you see any other areas that could benefit from injectibles?

Approaching the real problem

+2

Nasolabial folds become more prominent as we develop loss of bone, fat, and collagen in the cheek area; this is the normal aging process. A more natural correction would be achieved by replacing the lost volume in the cheek area by Radiesse or Sculptra Aesthetic (both collagen stimulating fillers). As the volume is replaced to the apple of the cheek, you will find that you may not even need filler in your nasolabial folds - an area that can appear heavy, especially with a robust filler like Radiesse. Hope this helps.

Radiesse for Nasolabial Folds

+1

It is very difficult to give solid advice on how much filler is necessary without a direct examination. Many things go into the volume necessary. The first thing is your desires and exactly what she would like to achieve. Second issue anatomy. You have strong muscles pulling on the nasolabial area that may not be totally correctable by placing a filler in that area. You also have significant hollowing of the cheeks which may, when field, improve the appearance of the nasolabial area more. Radiesse is an excellent filler for nasolabial area as well as the cheeks, however, you may wish to consider fat as a more permanent alternative. Another variable is the injector. Some injectors towards See an Expert Injector (ExpertInjector.com) to determine what is best for you.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Filler for nasolabial folds

+1

It is too hard to judge by photos but I would not think you'd need a whole lot of filler. One thing I notice is skin creases in your folds - like would occur in a piece of paper if you folded it sharply and pressed the crease. A filler that looks really good in the superficial creases is Belotero - it is a filler that can be placed very near the surface of the skin and so is really great to fill skin creases. Radiesse can only be placed deeply in folds.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Fillers

+1

Start with one syringe, if you want more add another syringe. You and your doctor can guage how much while filling the nasolabial fold evenly.

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Nasolabial folds

+1

1624anon, typically for someone in your age catagory one syringe is about all you need but trying to discern this from a photo is difficult. I do note that your right fold appears to be deeper than your left. Should be able to improve on this assymetry with a filler. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Volume

+1

Only an examination would provide the clinical information necessary to answer this question completely. However, based on the photo provided I would be likely to recommend at least two 1.5 mL syringes of Radiesse; the nasolabial folds (especially on the left) are relatively deep. Although it isn't wrong to start with 1 syringe, addressing the problem with an appropriate volume the first time usually leads to higher patient satisfaction.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon