Is It Save to Use Botox to Correct 'Lion's Wrinkle' 5 Months After Nose Surgery?

I had a nose surgery 5 months ago, and although it looks great already it is still healing. I soon would like to take care of the 'lion's wrinkle' on my forehead by using botox, but since the area is close to the nose and nerve paralysis is involved I was wondering if this would have any negative effect on the process of the healing of my nose (specifically the part just 'between the eyes') which is probably still a bit swolen etc. I am looking forward to your answers!

No concerns

+1

There should be no concerns for having Botox treatments to the mentioned areas 5 months post surgery.  However, it is always best to confirm that with your treating physician.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Botox and rhinoplasty

+1

There should be no problems with you receiving botox treatments to your forehead or even in areas closer to your nose after a rhinoplasty especially one five months ago.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox / Dysport during and after surgery

+1

The neurotoxins such Dysport and Botox are very safe and highly effective before, during, and after surgery. So don't hesitate and take care of those unwanted lines. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Botox after rhinoplasty

+1

It should not be a problem to have Botox treatment 5 months after rhinoplasty.  Your nose is pretty much healed possibly with some residual swelling that shoudl not be impacted by the Botox.

Botox following rhinoplasty

+1

As the panel members suggested, it should be perfectly safe and appropriate to be treated for Botox after your rhinoplasty.  However, being that you mentioned you are still healing and presumably still under your surgeon's care, the best person to answer this question and concern is your physician that did the procedure.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Agree, 5 months is plenty of healing time.

+1

A Botox service at this point should have no bearing on your rhinoplasty.  Certainly let your injecting physician know about the rhinoplasty. 

Botox after surgery

+1

It is perfectly safe to use Botox 5 months after rhinoplasty surgery. In fact, botox is frequently done at the same time as surgery is performed. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Botox after rhinoplasty

+1

You are perfectly fine to proceed with botox.  Even if it were placed the same day of your surgery, there would be no adverse effect of the botox on your nose surgery.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Botox after rhinoplasty

+1

It is safe to use botox months after rhinoplasty surgery.  The  rhinoplasty surgery will have no impact on the botox effect.  Good luck..

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon