Exercise After Otoplasty

Hi, I had my procedure done about a month and a half ago and I go to the gym everynight and work out for about 2 hrs. I also go into the sauna and when I'm in there my ears feel very weird. Is it bad for the ears ?

Exercise after otoplasty.

+1

At 6 weeks a patient should be OK to start exercise. If you are having symtpoms of discomfort, it may be a sign of scarring or healing problems, consult with your surgeon ASAP.

Good luck.

Exercise after otoplasty

+1

judging from your multiple previous posts, I would highly recommend that you contact your original surgeon even if they are located at a distance or at least contact them by phone. Excercise is generally okay at 6 weeks but you have described your displeasure with the appearance of your scars and this may be partially responsible.

Sauna a month after Ear Pinning (Otoplasty)

+1

Regarding: " Exercise After Otoplasty   Hi, I had my procedure done about a month and a half ago and I go to the gym everynight and work out for about 2 hrs. I also go into the sauna and when I'm in there my ears feel very weird. Is it bad for the ears ?"

At 6 weeks after surgery you should be able to engage in any activity you want to as long as you make sure there is no sudden forward pulling or folding of the ears. I am assuming the "weird" feeling you are describing is related to the sauna heat and the major dilatation of the blood vessels in the ears. the blood circulation and lymphatic flow in the ear would take months to normalize and by exposing the ears to extreme heat you may causing some temporary swelling.