Not Satisfied with Results of Breast Augmentation. Where To Go From Here?

I am 2 wks post op BA. 1 day post op I immediately was not satisfied with results. Dr used 325 cc left and 350 cc right saline low profile implants. I requested 400cc saline mod to high profile during consultation. Discussed with md at follow up appt. Dr seemed upset i was not satisfied, advised to wait 2 to 4 wks for swelling to go down. 2 weeks later, they are getting smaller! I did not get the results I expected. You can't even tell I had BA! What do I do?

Not big enough after breast augmentation

+2

Sorry to hear the results weren't what you had hoped for.  Your surgeon may have good reasons why he couldn't make you the size you wanted to be.  You may want to wait a few months before deciding on the size.  If you went under the pectoral muscles, then the implant will look flatter initially.  As the muscles stretch and the implants drop, there is a good chance you will get more projection.  If after a few months you still aren't happy, then unfortunately you will have to undergo a second surgery.  Hope this helps.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Implants too small

+1

It is extremely important to have a clear dialogue with your plastic surgeon before the procedure.  Did you and your doctor agree to a specific implant OR did he tell you that he would try to use the larger ones IF POSSIBLE?  Sometimes the skin envelopes are too small and, if they do not stretch, then there is a limit to how large to make the breasts.  You do need to wait for the swelling to go down prior to reaching any conclusions.  WIth 325/350 cc implants, it isn't possible that your breasts are the same size as preoperatively.  You may want to take a look at your preop photos to refresh your recollection.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Not satisfied with Breast Aug mentation Size?

+1

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully there was some type of circumstance that caused your surgeon to veer from the agreed upon plan. I would discuss what his reasoning was, wait 2-3 months and if still not satisfied, discuss an increase in size, sorry and good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Not big enough after breast augmenatation

+1

Nice breasts derive from having good balance between skin and volume.  If your skin envelopes are small then there is a limit to the amount of volume that can be added.  After some time passes and the skin envelopes stretch you are then a better candidate for a larger implant (typically after 6-9 months). 

If you have adequate skin envelopes you can have larger implants now, but check with your surgeon (and consider gel over the saline as they are much more natural and warranteed for life...).

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Not happy with breast augmentation results

+1

Most surgeons will counsel their patients to wait for several months before judging the results of their surgery.  However, if your agreement was for high profile implants and you wound up with low profile implants 50 to 75 cc smaller, they will likely not appear larger as time passes. I would suggest that you discuss this again with your surgeon as there may have been factors in surgery that influenced his decision to use the implants that you have.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Not Happy with Results of Breast Augmentation...

+1

Given that you only 2 weeks out of your breast augmentation  procedure, it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery. It is not uncommon for patients to feel that they are too big or too small during the first few weeks out of surgery and eventually be quite pleased with the end results. I suggest that you evaluate the results of surgery at the 3 to 6 months post op mark.

At that time, if you remain dissatisfied with the results of surgery,  communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon in a calm and nonaccusatory fashion.  I know that I generally appreciate patients who communicate in a cordial/polite fashion with the overall goal being one of cooperation to achieve the patient goals.