Not Satisfied with my Doctors Work ..he Offered to Do a Revision but Im Scared? (photo)

Hi So I'm not satisfied with my surgeons work and he even said that he agreed . He offered to do a revision but I feel he doesn't know what he's doing ? I don't want to keep going in and out surgery its too much. I just want someone to fix my arms because they look awful. My arms are lumpy , not proportional and extra rolls formed on them after the surgery. How can I find someone who specializes in revisions?

Unhappy with arms.

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. If you're unhappy the best thing to do is to have a second opinion on your results before returning to your original doctor. Be sure that you speak with board certified plastic surgeons for your second opinion. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Arm Surgery Revision after Disappointment

+1

It is a little unclear what exact surgery you had.   I cannot see a scar so I am sort of assuming you had liposuction alone.   Anyway whatever you had, you now have a problem.   I  would suggest that no doctor on Earth would like to help you more than you original doctor.   Also revisions by the original doctor usually have no surgical fee.    But you should go to another if you really want to do that I guess.   Talk some more with the original surgeon.   What should be done is the next and really important question.  You appear to have significant contour problems so I would suggest  Vaser liposculpture possibly combined  with excision of skin if  necessary.   The skin excision works well but all surgeons hesitate because il leaves an arm's length scar.  The scar usually heals fine but often is quite visible and may need HQRA+ and bioCorneum therapy.   Then there is the issue of finding a surgeon well qualified in arm revision surgery.   Although I no of no one specializing  just in this area many fine plastic surgeons doing lots of liposuction and arm lifts will be able to help you.  Get 3 consultations from board certified plastic surgeons.....ABPS and FACS is a must....  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift vs liposuction of the upper arms

+1

The goal in plastic surgery is to pick the right operation for the right patient.  If you had excessive loose skin then it is possible that an upper arm lift or brachioplasty may have been a better choice.  

Unhappy Liposuction of Arms

+1

The only mistake the doctor made was doing liposuction at all.  You probably were not a candidate for liposuction, due to the quality and elasticity of your skin.  Your 'lumps' are not; they are rolls of skin that have lost their normal attachment to your arm.  More liposuction is not the answer.  You will need a surgery to address the relaxed, inelastic, and excess skin; this is called an arm lift (brachioplasty).

Be sure your surgeon is certified by the ABPS, and is a member of the ASAPS.  This is the minimum requisite credentials.  In addition, the surgeon should be very experienced in performing arm lifts as well.   See photos, and discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure.  Don't be fooled by advertisements regarding lasers, laser liposuction, or any 'non-surgical' device or potion that tightens skin.  You will be wasting time and money.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Revisions

+1

I cannot see everything from your picture. Did you just have liposuction or did you have a brachioplasty with extended incision?  You can work with your doctor, however sometimes you need to seek out an second opinion as to corrective measures.  I usually want to wait about 6 to 9 months for the revision.  When I do a brachioplasty, I liposuction first, then in the same operation I excise (remove) the redundant skin.  The incision is hidden under the arm. 

Ben Childers, MD

Not Satisfied with my Doctor's Work, He Offered to Do a Revision but Im Scared?

+1

An extended arm lift will address the loose skin and will result in a much nicer arm contour.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA