Is This a Satisfactory Result of Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I had an upper and lower transconjunctival blepharoplasty 12 days ago. The visible swelling has mostly subsided, and my surgeon told me today that he was satisfied with the result, but I am terrified. My upper eyelids look different. The right one looks triangular and hollow in the corner. The left eye has the same tendency, though not so visible. My surgeon suggested he should have cut more skin on the right eyelid to make it look more even. Do you agree with this? Can this be corrected now?

Blepharoplasty results 2 weeks post-op

+1

Thanks for your photos.  I do appreciate an obvious improvement in your lower lids.  Your upper lid creases could improve as you heal but regardless of what happens, revisions can be done if needed.  This is why its very important to know what your doctor's revision policy is as perfect is an elusive goal.

Blepharoplasty 2 weeks post op

+1

12 days is too early for to make any conclusions. The whites of your eyes are still red from surgery. Do not worry. Ask your surgeon when you see him again.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may have blepharoptosis of your upper eyelids after blepharoplasty surgery.

+1

I read your note and reviewed your photos:

A definitive diagnosis cannot be made on the basis of your photos. Your upper eyelids may be a bit droopy (blepharoptosis) as compared to pre-op. That could be causing the hollow appearance, which is more visible on your right. May I suggest you consult your ophthalmologist for an evaluation for a definitive answer.

Hope this is helpful for you, and all the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1

It is too early to worry or make decisions about revision surgeries.  Wait until at least 6 months before making such decisions.  You are still swollen and asymmetries are expected at this point.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Result of blepharoplasty

+1

At 12 days after blepharoplasty, there is still a significant amount of healing to take place which will alter the appearance of your eyelids.  While it is possible to perform small revisions, as you mention, I would not recommend doing anything yet.  I would recommend waiting at least several more months to see how your eyelids look with more healing.  It's possible that as they heal more, you may not require any revision.  It is not unusual for both eyelids to not look exactly the same during the immediate healing period.  Frequently, as the swelling resolves, they eyelids will become more symmetric.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon