Bump on Nose Normal After Rhinoplasty?

I know it's literally only been a week since my septo-rhinoplasty, but the bump and shape literally look the same, just maybe a sized down version. He didn't break my nose, just shaved the bump down. It used to be a lot more sharp. Now it's just a bump. Doc says it'll be a few more weeks and that he shaved it smooth, but I'm feeling so skeptical that it'll change shape. Can someone please tell me if this is normal? I know swelling is normal but it doesn't look swollen!

Bump in nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It is too early to tell. Most of what you see may be swelling. Give it time to settle down at least 4-6 months.

One week after surgery is too early to pass judgment on a rhinoplasty.

+1

I wouldn't spend much time in front of a mirror one week after a rhinoplasty. There is a great deal of swelling that will obscure the final result.

Bump on Nose Normal After Rhinoplasty?

+1

One week is too early, and swelling is definitely playing a role.  If your surgeon performs a lot of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions, I think that he or she probably got it right, because this is not a particularly difficult goal to accomplish.  It is fairly easy to ascertain if there is residual hump by simple palpation on a physical exam.   Kenneth Hughes, MD  Los Angeles, CA

Bump on Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Review of the operative report, and photos will be needed to discuss this case.  Without knowing exactly what your surgeon did, it is impossible to answer this question.  Make an appointment to discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.  Also, you might consider seeking a 2nd opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has a solid history of performing rhinoplasty surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD