I Had Sarcoidosis 15 Years Ago. Can I Have Restylane Injections Safely?

Sarcoidosis and autoimmune disease and fillers with restylane or juvederm

+2

As long as your doctor states you are not prone to infection, there shouldn't  be a concern with the injection of Juvederm or Restylane in lupus or sarcoid or other autoimmune diseases. There was concern decades ago with collagen injections in "collagen vascular diseases" which are considered autoimmune but one collagen was not the same as the other collagen. The normal population had a 3% risk of being allergic to this collagen injection even if they didn't have an autoimmune disease. We fortunately don't see that with Restylane or Juvederm.

Sarcoidosis and Restylane

+2

regarding: "I Had Sarcoidosis 15 Years Ago. Can I Have Restylane Injections Safely?"

To my knowledge, Sacoidosis has nothing to do with Hyaluronic acid found in Restylane and Juvederm and use of these fillers should not aggravate that condition.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Sarcoidosis and Restylane?

+2

Hi Buffalo.  With most autoimmune disorders, as long as the condition is [currently] well controlled, we have no issue providing a cosmetic treatment like Restylane.

We also have no reason to believe that your condition would be affected in any way by Restylane based on current known side effects of Restylane injections.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane and Sarcoidosis

+1

Buffalo, I am not aware of any contraindication for patients with sarcoidosis to receive injections of Restylane; Restylane is hyaluronic acid, which is normally found in the skin.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon