Would It Be Worth It? (photo)

(Obviously This is Just a Simulation and I Know It Wouldn't Look JUST Like This) I really want a Rhinoplasty but do you really think I could benefit from it? I have always hated my nose for about 15 years now. I'm a 28 year old mother. This insecurity daily affects me. I also wanted to know how it would affect my allergies as they have always been really bad here in California. Thanks for some input!

You Were Made for a Rhinoplasty. Go for it!

+3

Hello, Rayah.

Dr. Kotler, from DR 90210 TV series,  here.

Seems to me you are a superb candidate for rhinoplasty.

For forty years I have witnessed the happiness the procedure has brought thousands of patients. You are wise in having taken the first step to help make the decision: You did your own computer imaging. And, you visited RealSelf to learn more.

Next step is to study some more. Visit major websites, read the patients' commentaries, study the photos.  See what you like and dont' like.

Then, consult with surgeons who are very specialized and very experienced in rhinoplasty. The most sophisticated will offer even more detailed computer imaging and at consultion, you and the doctor can explore options as you see the possibilities on the imaging screen.

Regarding your allergies, the rhinoplasty will have no effect. However, you may be a candidate for surgery to open your air passages and thus reduce some of your allergic symptoms. Patients with allergies can benefit from turbinate reduction done at the same time as the rhinoplasty.

My personal history is typical: I waited too long. I had my rhinoplasty at age 38. Still, one of the best decisions I ever made. I even show patients at consultation my " befores"!

Do your research, make sure you are comfortable with the doctor and go for it!

Best wishes for the Holidays.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON and

THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION.

Dorsal Hump Reduction and Tip Elevation

+2

If you had dorsal hump reduction and tip elevation, you could achieve a similar outcome to the one in the simulated photo.  This surgery should not affect your allergies or your breathing.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty can make a big difference.

+2

Hi.

You look like a very good candidate for rhinoplasty.  But security is inside you, and making your nose look better may not help with that.  Also will not help allergies.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Is Rhinoplasty Worth It?

+2

Physically a rhinoplasty will improve the appearance of your nose but only you can decide if it will be worth it. Your goals should be discussed with a surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty surgery but your morphing is reasonable. The operation will not change your allergies but breathing can be improved if the allergies are associated with anatomic problems.

Rhinoplasty surgery

+2

Dear Rayah7,

• It looks like you would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery
  • You can get pretty close to what you morphed, but to be sure, you would need an exam
  • Your allergies should also be discussed during your consultation so that you can have proper expectations on how it will look and how you will breathe after surgery
  • You may want to go in for a consultation to get some more information when you are ready

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Would It Be Worth It?

+2

The "worth it" issue can really ONLY be answered after you have seen IN PERSON a few boarded surgeons in your city. But based only on the posted photos YES it is worth it! 

Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Rayah7,

Based solely on your posted pictures, I think your nasal profile could certainly be improved with a rhinoplasty.  A thorough examination by a board certified plastic surgeon would be required to provide you with specific surgical options and risks.  Be sure to mention any issues re. allergies to your surgeon so they can perform procedures to try and prevent breathing problems after your surgery.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Rhinoplasty

+2

While you have nice facial features, if your nose has bothered you for 15 years, it may be time to address your concerns.  Removing the nasal hump to achieve a straighter nasal profile is achievable.  A thorough evaluation of both the inside and outside of your nose is recommended to determine if there is any underlying issues that are contributing to your nasal breathing/runny nose.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best help you achieve the results you seek.  

Kimberly Lee, MD

Decision to have rhinoplasty a personal one

+2

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, and the decision to have rhinoplasty is a personal one.  That being said, if you are insecure about your nose, then will rhinoplasty be able to give you a result very similar to the one you posted?  Yes, with the right surgeon it will.  Rhinoplasty will not have any effect on your allergies, though if your septum is significantly deviated then straightening will improve your breathing.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD