Can You Have a Child After Tummy Tuck?

I had Brazillian Butt Lift and I am planning to have a tummy tuck in the near future. I want to know if I can have a child after my tummy tuck?

Can You Have a Child After Tummy Tuck?

+2

The TT will not interfere with a future pregnancy. But of course the pregnancy may very likely interfere with the TT.

Having Children after a tummy tuck

+2

It is possible to become pregnant and have children after pregnancy. Obvioulsy it is wise to have all your children prior to having a tummy tuck. I have had several patients in the past who had un-expected pregnancies after thier tummy tuck. To my suprise, they did very well and did not have to have thier tummy tuck redone!

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Pregnancy following tummy tuck

+1
It's perfectly fine to have another child following a tummy tuck.  It is important to remember that you may see some changes in your abdomen but they are often easily corrected with some minor touch up surgery.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Can You Have a Child After Tummy Tuck...

+1

A Tummy Tuck is an incredible procedure that dramatically changes the appearance of the abdominal skin and musculature. The usual time for a tummy tuck is after child bearing is complete or after excessive weight loss. This procedure consists of tightening the abdominal muscles and removing excess skin. It is certainly possible to have a child after a tummy tuck, however, you may be in need of some further muscle tightening or skin excision.  Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon when thinking about scheduling the procedure.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Having children after a tummy tuck

+1

Patients can become pregnant after a tummy tuck however this will compromise the cosmetic appearance of their abdomen and possibly create loose skin and stretch marks again. It is ideal to have a tummy tuck once patients have completed having children. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in person for a complete examination and explanation of this issue.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Pregnancy After Tummy Tuck?

+1

Women who have a tummy tuck enjoy a flatter and tighter abdomen with a narrower waistline.   The procedure often uses internal sutures to tighten the lining of the abdominal muscles.  For this reason, patients often ask me if they can become pregnant after a tummy tuck.  The answer is yes!

Tummy tuck does not decrease fertility.  The abdominal muscles are creative in allowing the abdomen to stretch even through the midline muscles have been tightened.  I have had at least 10 women have more children after tummy tuck with rarely the need to revise the tummy.  Ideally, it would be best to finish your family before having the procedure, to reduce the chance of needing a second procedure.  However, if you become pregnant, the tummy tuck is unlikely to interfere with a healthy pregnancy.

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Tummy tuck prior to childbirth

+1

A tummy tuck can be done before you have children, provided you are a good candidate for the procedure.  In a situation like yours, I would probably not do any muscle work.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Children after Tummy Tuck

+1

Having an Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck will not inhibit you from becoming pregnant, however you may not be pleased with the end result after child birth. The best case scenario would to have your children first and do the Tummy Tuck after children. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can

+1

Yes you can have children after a tummy tuck, but it is best if you can finish with pregnancies and then do the tummy tuck so you can avoid another potential tummy tuck.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Childbirth after tummy tuck

+1

The simple answer is yes. The skin and muscle are tightened during the tummy tuck but these structures are designed to stretch with the developing baby. You may find some of the cosmetic benefits gained by the procedure are reversed by the pregnancy however you will always look better than if you had never had the procedure. If the muscle and skin appearance concern you later on the procedure can be repeated to achieve your desired result. I hope this was helpful and good luck.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon