Is it normal to have pain and swelling 3 days after Restylane under eye injection?

Feeling very sore. Now blue bruise 3 days later

Pain and Swelling after Undereye Injection

+2
HI SC.  Although swelling is very common, significant pain after under eye injections is a bit out of the ordinary.  We tell our patients to expect to be sensitive in this area, as with most injections, but unusual pain, especially without pressing on the area would be unusual for us.  If you have this type of pain, we would recommend you contact your injector.  

As for the bruise, one options is a laser treatment.  We commonly treat injection bruising with pulsed dye or long pulsed yag lasers to get rid of the bruises.  Sometimes we can reduce the bruising time from 7-10 days down to just 1 or 2 with the laser treatments.  

For examples of Los Angeles and Orange County before and after photos for under eye injection procedures, you can visit the link below.  

Bruising and swelling is a common side effect of under eye injections and can last approx. 2 weeks.

+1
Bruising and swelling is a common side effect of under eye injections and can last approx. 2 weeks. Ensure prior to injection you avoid ASA products, ibuprofen and alcohol to decrease chances of bruising and swelling. After injections ensure you sleep with your head slightly elevated. You can take arnica montana tablets or apply traumeel cream to bruised areas to reduce bruising and swelling as well.

If the pain does not resolve contact your injector and schedule a follow up to be assessed. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Bruising and Swelling Undereyes

+1
the undereye area is a very common area for bruising and swelling.  Severe pain, however, is uncommon and would be a reason for you to return to your physician for a quick look.  Bruising can be improved more rapidly with lasers.  I like to use cannulas in this area to decrease the chance of swelling and bruising, if needle was used I would suggest a different injection method next time.  Topical and oral Arnika may help.  At this point you just need some time for the bruising to improve, but I would consider speaking to your injection physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Pain and swelling with a bruise after under eye filler is probably normal

+1
Without seeing you it is hard to answer your question accurately. If you were filled using a needle in this area, then this is within the realm of normal. I prefer cannulas in this area because there is less risk and bruising. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD