Can I Get Breast Lift 7 Years After Breast Implants? (photo)

I had breast implants 7 years ago, and then had 3 children. Now, I want to get my breasts lifted. what type of lift do I need.

Breast lift following breast augmentation and post pregnancy changes

+2

You have several options to consider to improve the aesthetic appearance of your breasts.  In order to tell what would be your best option you will need a consultation.  A breast lift will tight the skin and a procedure such as an internal bra will give you better soft tissue support for the implant.  It is also likely that the breasts have kicked out to the sides and in this case the capsule needs to be narrowed at the same time.  If you have saline filled implants in place you may want to consider switching out to gel filled implants.  

Vertical or Full Breast Lift for Higher, Tighter Breasts

+1

I prefer the full breast lift to tighten the skin envelope optimally.  I can manipulate so much tissue that virtually any breast shape can be transformed.

Breast lift

+1

Thanks for the posted photo, but other views would be helpful. From the front view they do not look too low.  Often a vertical lift can do the "trick."

Breast Lift Possible after Previous Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although you may be a good candidate for a procedure such as a vertical mastopexy, I would suggest that you look into capsulorraphy techniques that use internal sutures to “repair” the breast implant pockets. These procedures can be helpful in repositioning breast implants for some patients. For example, if you find that your breast implants migrate to the sides when you lie down,  the internal suture techniques may be very helpful.

I would suggest in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Ask to see lots of examples of their work.

Breast Lift (Mastopexy) following Breast Augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation and breast lift otherwise known as mastopexy are separate procedures performed for different reasons.   Breast augmentation increases the size of the breast whereas mastopexy typically raises the nipple-areola, shapes the breast tissue and removes excess skin.  These procedures can be performed together or as separate procedures.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifting after implants

+1

I would generally agree with Dr. Cook's response. Amount of time since the implants and the three pregnancies is not necessarily a reason to need a lift. Breast implants do not lift the breast and taking them out doesn't make them sag. Although it is not possible to be sure from a single front view, it doesn't look as if your breasts are too low (the nipple-areola relative to the inframammary crease) and the implant is still properly positioned behind the breast. Your breasts are just low on your chest and have probably lost skin and/or tissue tone. 

I would also caution against a peri-areolar or skin-dependent lift. If the nipple-areola is low enough relative to the crease behind it and the skin in the lower pole of the breast is thin and stretched, a true lift of the breast tissue and a lollipop (vertical) type approach is best. 

One other consideration is change from saline to gel implants and also consider a wider/taller base diameter implant if the added size is acceptable. Both of these would give some illusion of feel and look of lift without an actual lift procedure. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift after implants followed by three children

+1

If looks like your original surgeon did a good job, so I would seek his or her opinion.  I don't think a periareolar lift has enough power.  A classical lift with the full anchor pattern is a possibility, but the skin often stretches and the scar along the fold beneath the breast has its disadvantages, especially at the inner portion of the breast.  Some variant on a vertical lift technique probably makes sense.  Look for a technique with internal anchoring, not just a skin lift.  For one possibility feel free to look at the structural mastopexy section of my website.

John Q. Cook, MD

Breast Lift 7 Years After Breast Implants

+1

To answer this properly, I would want to know what it is that you would like to see different. Most of the time when we are asked to do a breast lift there is sagging breast skin and a nipple & areola that are too low on the breast. 

It appears to be from this one photo that your breasts are a bit low set on the chest wall (a "normal" variant) but the the position of the nipple and areola are properly positioned on the breast. 

I would guess that you would like the implants higher and the nipple and areola positioned to match.  To do this, a lift would involve an incision all around the areola and another incision--perhaps a vertical incision down to the breast fold, perhaps an incision in the breast fold, perhaps both. That determination I would hesitate to make based upon the one photo I can see. That question can be answered at an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon. Your own surgeon would be a place to start. If he or she is not in practice or not in your area, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Breast Lift

+1

Congratulations, I bet your house is a little hectic with three kids under seven!  A circumvertical(lollipop) lift or a short T-scar lift would probably be all that you will need.  If you have saline implants and they are now more palpable due to thinning of your breast tissue, you could also consider changing to silicone implants at the same time.

Donald Griffin, MD

Breast Lift after Pregnancy

+1

All things considered the breasts do not look too bad after three children!  Based upon the pictures it seems as if both nipples should move upwards(a little more so on one side)as well as inwards. There also seems to be a fair amount of extra skin in the lower portion of the breasts. Based upon these considerations I think that you would benefit most from a vertical( a.k.a. "lollipop" pattern) breast lift. If you are not in favor of the "lollipop" scar, which has a line going straight downwards, you might also be a candidate for the periareolar lift, in which the incision extends only along the edge of the areola. However, the periareolar approach will not provide the same degree of lift as the "lollipop". Consult with an experienced surgeon. Best wishes!

Richard Restifo, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon