What Can Be Used or Done to Help with my Under Eye Creases and Dark? (photo)

I'm only 19 and started noticing my dark circles and bags under my eyes 2 years ago . It's really taken a tole on how I look at myself now and just makes me feel ugly. Is there anything that can help this????

Be kind to yourself

+2

It is troubling that society today could make as attractive a young lady as you feel anything but beautiful.  You are too young to do fillers or surgery.  Just stick with expert makeup regimens and be kind to yourself and appreciate all the beauty you have been given. Enjoy your gifts!

Hereditary fat prolapse

+1

What your are noticing is mild eyelid fat prolapse. This is usually an aging change that occurs when a membrane that keeps the eye socket fat where it should be [behind the eye] weakens with time, and that fat slides forward and becomes visible in the eyelid.

Although this is an aging change usually, it can be seen as a hereditary feature in much younger individuals, like yourself.

I, like the other experts on this forum, feel that considering your age, it would be ideal if you could postpone any treatment until you are a bit older, if your condition becomes more severe. Discussing this with your loved ones can help in this regard.

However, if this is something that you are fixated on,  a lower lid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning [not removing the fat] would be my surgical recommendation. This would soften the transition between your eyelid and cheek with much less chance of causing lower eyelid hollowing.

I would recommend this one time procedure, over the use of injectible fillers that would require repeat injections over a long period of time [since you are so young]

But again, I would urge young, attractive people to stay away from a surgeon's scalpel!

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

19 yo and Concerned about Circles Under Eyes

+1

Although I can appreciate what is troubling you, I would hesitate to recommend starting filler in someone who looks so youthful.  Restylane can be used in the tear trough area to ameliorate the ridge that occurs there.  However, there are many young looking people such as yourself who have tear troughs that may be more pronounced.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA