I broke my nose 1 year post op. Can it be fixed to how it was a couple of days ago?

I had a rhinoplasty 1 year ago and this weekend I got into an accident and now my nose is slanted to the right. My nose is strait I do not have a hump like I used to the only problem is its slanted. I also wanted to know if I did get my nose re corrected will I form a hump on the bridge?

Trauma after rhinoplasty

+1
It sounds like you have fractured your nose given the change in appearance.  I would contact your surgeon ASAP for an examination and possible closed reduction if the injury was only a few days ago.  They should be able to compare the pictures and examine you to identify what needs to be done.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal fracture one year post rhinoplasty

+1
Dear rhinoplasty problems, I would see your surgeon asap for an evaluation of your nasal fracture. In most cases it is best if the fracture is addressed and reset within the first week to ten days of the accident when possible. Correcting a nasal fracture will not form a new hump on the bridge. Best regards and hope your feeling better soon. Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Fracture post rhinoplasty

+1
It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining your nose – you should consider seeing your surgeon for an assessment.  In general the nose may be able to be reset (without major surgery) within 2 weeks of the fracture.  After two weeks the bones may be more rigidly fixed and a rhinoplasty may be needed

Sam Naficy, MD

Fixing Broken Nose

+1
I need to see a full set of nasal pictures as described on my website. Where is the "slant" located; on your bridge or lower above the tip?

Rhinoplasty to repair a fractured nose

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can re-set the fractured nasal bones back into alignment. This will involve medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones. Occasionally a spreader graft is also required to be placed underneath the fractured upper lateral cartilage when necessary. A small hump that is present can be filed down same time. For many examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link below