Will My Breasts Even Out?! (photo)

I'm currently 1 week Post- Op and got silicone high profile implants. My plastic surgeon tried to correct my asymmetrical breasts by inserting a 405cc HP implant in my left and 375cc HP implant in my right. My left breast was slightly smaller than my left before surgery. I'm scared my breasts will stay this way! I requested cleavage and know its early but when i look at other girls' post op pictures they have cleavage already. Will my breasts continue to move closer to create the cleavage look?

Breast unevenness and breast augmentation surgery

+1
It is too soon to tell the final outcome of surgery. ideally, you will see your doctor for scheduled one week and two week follow up appointments. Continue to discuss your concerns. At this early stage, time will make a big difference.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Allow your surgeon

+1
to guide you through your recovery and trust your surgeon as you had great reasons to choose your surgeon.  Your surgeon wants the best for you so let your surgeon instruct you on maneuvers to help achieve your desired goals.  You are early in your post- op period and many things will change with time, hopefully all for the better.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breasts are uneven after surgery

+1
It is way too early to tell if there is an issue. Your surgeon picked two different sized implants because he thought your breasts were different sizes before the surgery. I would just be patient and give it time. I would wait at least 12 weeks before judging any size discrepancies.

Zol Kryger, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Will my breast implants even out- One week postop

+1
I agree with the other comments about your breast implant surgery.  It is still very early at one week after surgery.  Continue close follow up with your plastic surgeon and remember the swelling will continue to resolve and this may occur at different rates on each side.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Will my breasts even out

+1
Dear Alexa,
At 7 days out, you are too early to make any judgements. Keep in mind that it is 2 different surgeries. One on each breast. They will swell and heal differently. Also, implants tend to ride high in the pocket for the first few weeks and they "drop" over the next 3-6 months. Additionally, the 2 sides can drop at different rates, so one can be higher for a while. At some point your surgeon may suggest a bandeau (strap across the top of your breasts) in order to encourage the left one to drop sooner. However, you need to wait 3-6 months to see what your final result will be. I know its hard to do, but be patient.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Early breast augmentation results

+1
It is too early to tell what the final result will look like. You have to give it time to settle down and this can take several months.

Early results

+1
You appear to have a very acceptable and normal result. At one week, your implants will appear high in the pocket, firm, and tight. The implants will soften and settle over the next 3 months. The shape of the breasts will improve with just time. Your implants appear to be centered behind the areolae in an appropriate manner. High profile implants are relative narrow and might not offer the type of medial fullness that you might want. Trying to move the implants more to the midline would not improve your results but would rather make the nipples appear to far on the outside of your breasts. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Early Breast Aug Recovery

+1
Thanks for your pictures. You are very early in your recovery process.  You more than likely have significant swelling that will take time to resolve.  Give everything 3 months to settle then go from there.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Cleavage

+1
Your implants appear properly positioned and your result looks very reasonable. At one week you are still very swollen and your breasts are too stiff to move to give you cleavage at this point. I think when your swelling subsides you will be very pleased with your results. If your implants were any closer together you would have a synmastia and that is a problem you do not want.

Lee E. Corbett, MD