Would my Arm Liposuction Results Go Back if I Stop Exercising? (photo)

I had smar liposuction of my arms in 2012 and I am extremely pleased with my outcome. I have been working out and doing light weights, but I am worried if I slack off in my work out routine, my arms might get big again. Is that true?

Exercising and Smartlipo

+2

After having lipo, the fat will not come back. If you stop exercising and don’t follow a healthy lifestyle the skin can lose its elasticity.

Would my Arm Liposuction Results Go Back if I Stop Exercising?

+2

Smart Lipo + lipo mod arms looks great. Yes continue exercises of the area for a few more years just to be safe. 

SmartLipo Results and Exercising

+2

Thanks for asking the question!  Fat can come back after liposuction if you put on weight, and that includes it possibly coming back in your arms.  Liposuction results are only sustainable if you, the patient, maintain a smart diet and exercise program.  Best Wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Arm liposuction and maintenance of results

+1

If you are pleased with your liposuction results I would not overly worry about the fat returning to this area, even if you were to gain a moderate amount of weight.  However, it always pays to watch your diet and maintain a good exercise routine will help keep your arm muscles in good tone.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction including SmartLipo remove fat permanently

+1

Areas that are treated with SmartLipo or any liposuction technique for that matter tend to be areas where the fat is out of proportion to the rest of you.  As I'm sure you know, these are not weight loss techniques, and some fat remains in those areas.  (We need to keep some fat between the skin layer and the muscle layer, otherwise there can be scarring, tethering, and dimpling where there has been too much suction). Can those fat cells enlarge if you stop exercising and put on weight?  Sure, but those areas will remain in better proportion - you're just going to put on weight everywhere.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon