18 year old with lines under the eyes. How do I get rid of them? (Photo)

I have two lines that are under each eye. I've had them for a few years and I can't seem to make them go away. They make my face look tired. What can I do?

Filler for lower eyelid lines or bags.

+1

These lines appear to be the beginning of a tear trough or malar bags, which can be camouflaged with injectable fillers.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

Treatment for malar bags under her eyes.

+1
The fullness that you see beneath your eyes are called Mentor bags which create a depression or lying beneath them.  The simplest and most effective solution is usually the injection of the dermal filler Restylane.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lower eyelid rejuvenation in a young patient

+1
Lower eyelid creases like yours are often genetic. Everyone eventually gets them, but some at a younger age. In most people, it begins in their 20s. The cause is from loss of volume or fat under the eyelids.

Given that you are young - I would start with temporary volume replacers such as restylane, perlane, or juvederm. This will help "fill" the crease. In addition, there are some very effective lower eyelid hydration creams such as the Youth Eye Serum from IS Clinical. These are temporary solutions, but should be very effective for the time being.

When you are older, a lower blepharoplasty with possible fat grafting or fat reposition should be a more permanent fix.

Bryson G. Richards, MD