Can Switching Lasers After 4 Tattoo Removal Treatments Cause Scarring or Affect the Removal Process?

I have had 4 treatments with the Alma Harmony LX Yag Q-switched laser and after some more researching am thinking about switching providers and thus the laser they use. The laser used at the new provider is the Cynosure Revlite Q-switched YAG. My tattoo is black with blue/green ink. I already see significant fading on the black ink. Also will the change of laser used for the treatments affect my skin (e.g. Cause scarring) or the removal process? Which laser is best?

New Laser for Tattoo Removal

+2

Hi Alma,

There is not an increased risk of scarring if you switch providers and have a different laser used for your treatment.  I find that both of the lasers that you mentioned are effective for black tattoo ink, but that blue and green tattoo ink is the toughest to remove.  In my experience, the 694nm ruby Q-switched laser is the most effective for removing blue and green tattoo ink.

Web reference: http://www.nyccosmeticdermatology.com/quanta-laser-for-tattoo-removal-new-tattoo-removal-laser/

Which Laser for Tattoo Removal?

+2

Hi Alma.  The Revlise is a better laser in our opinion.  It would not cause scarring just because you switched laser, rather scarring is related to aggressive treatments that cause blistering and bleeding.

Another option for the green ink is finding a practitioner that uses the Alexandrite q-switched laser.  This would likely lead to the best results for the green ink.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/tattoosLaserRemovalBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx