San Jose Mole Removal Doctor Recommendations

I have a brown spot near my cheekbone underneath my eye. I have no idea what it is. I'm guessing that it's either a very dark freckle or a mole. I want to get this brown spot removed. I'm wondering what procedure or product do you recommend? I live near San Jose/San Francisco area. Which doctor do you recommend me to see? Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2)

Choosing your Surgeon?


Thank you for the question.
Check with the American Society of Plastic Surgery for plastic surgeons appropriately trained and certified in your area. This is a good place to start.

Next evaluate the experience level and quality of results by looking at before and after pictures and examining/talking to patients who have had similar procedures performed.

Once you have done enough due diligence research you will feel comfortable with the plastic surgeon you choose.
I hope this helps.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 793 reviews

Suspicious pigmented lesions should be evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist


Any suspicious dark mole should be evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist. Punch excision is typically performed though a raised less worrisome lesion may undergo shave excisional. After the histology of the pigmented lesion is established and malignancy is ruled out, you may consider Nd:Yag laser removal vs. surgical excision.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.