Will I Benefit from Tummy Tuck and Lip on Flanks?

Lot skin after going from 305 to 213 and having 5 kids and gastric by pass

Getting liposuction with a tummy tuck can help give a more shapely figure

+1

Liposuction is a nice addition to a tummy tuck to help remove the diet and exercise resistant fat of the love handles and the upper bra/back fat.  I routinely do both procedures at the same time safely and effectively.  This changes the results from a 'home run' to a 'grand slam'!  Adding liposuction doesn't add to much to the recovery or discomfort.  The tummy tuck is wonderful for flattening the belly and for removing the excess skin and stretch marks of the belly.  After a brief overnight stay in the hospital to help aid recovery, I recommend taking 1-2 weeks off of work and exercise.  I'm available 24/7 to my patients for any and all questions.   

+1

You sound like a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for your evaluation and surgical plan.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. You sound like a good candidate for the tummy tuck, but you need to make sure you have lost all the weight from the bypass and be at a stable weight. Even without photos, it seems likely that you need a TT. As far as lipo is concerned, there are areas that can be suctioned at the same time as the tummy tuck. This is very commonly done. Talk to your surgeon about what the options are for you. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

After massive weight loss

+1

you can be assured a tummy procedure would be beneficial... its is harder to comment on liposuction since it is dependent on fat still being present.  You could possibly require a total body lift instead.  You need to see a local surgeon and be evaluated in person and have your health history reviewed to ensure its a safe journey for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Will I Benefit from Tummy Tuck and Lip on Flanks

+1

Without a photo it is hard to give specific advice, but chances are with your weight loss those procedures will be of enormous benefit. As to timing--if you are still losing weight, getting closer to your goal weight makes sense. Results will be better, risks of complications will be lower.

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction after Weight Loss and Gastric Bypass

+1

Most patients who have had gastric bypass and a 100 lb. weight loss are good candidates for a tummy tuck or body lift and possibly liposuction.  Due to the weight loss the skin can become quite saggy resulting in the skin overhanging over the pubic area.  Unfortunately, exercise cannot improve the loose skin and only a tummy tuck can adequately address this problem.  Check with your primary doctor to see if you are in good enough health to have the surgery.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck following weight loss

+1

Your question is one that many patients are faced with following weight loss and it is a particularly difficult delimma following the loss of a significant amount of weight such as yourself.  There are a variety of procedures designed to remove the excess tissue and each is dependent upon where you carried your weight when you were heavier.  Though weight loss patients will often have skin that simply does not retract as well following liposuction, no plastic surgeon can advise you without first assessing the quality of the skin in that area.  For example, I have had patients with 150 lbs of weight loss that needed a tummy tuck with flank liposuction while another with 75 lbs of weight loss needed a circumferential lower body lift.  The only way to tell where you fall is get an expert opinion.  Thanks and good luck.

Paul B. Mills, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Patients with such massive weight loss generally do better with a lower body lift to get rid of abdominal skin excess circumferentially. Liposuction just makes loose skin looser.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy Tuck After Gastric Bypass

+1

Dear Shanetha San,

Congratulations on your recent weight loss.

After significant weight loss, many patients such as yourself are left with loose, hanging skin. In most cases, body contouring procedures such as the tummy tuck or body lift can help eliminate the sagging skin.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

San Francisco, CA USA

Larry Fan, MD

May need more Procedures

+1

Hello and Congrats on your weight loss and progress. In order to better advise you we would need pictures. However, when I see patients in my office that have undergone such weight loss such as yours these patients usually require a body lift to lift the bottom and also excise tissue from your abdomen. These patients undergo an amazing transformation, but I agree that you need a board certified plastic surgeon with experience to do such a procedure.

Best of Luck.

Arturo H. Armenta, MD