6 days post op Rhinoplasty, there is a small suture bump under the tip of my nose between my nostrils. Is this normal? (photo)

There is a small suture bump under the tip of my nose between my nostrils. I had septoplasty plus rhinopasty performed 6 days ago with the cast being removed today. Will this bump resolve itself? Will my body resorb it or will my surgeon have to perform some minor plastic SX to remove it? Also, my nostrils are not symmetrical. Perhaps this was the best that could be done due to my very deviated septum. Should I expect some improvement and more symmetry as the healing process progresses?

Six Days Post Rhinoplasty Concerns with Suture

+1
Dear jmweltcheck, See your surgeon as soon as possible as he/she will know best what suture was used to make sure you are not having any reaction. You do appear to have some healing issues with the incision and I am sure your surgeon would want to see you for follow up. Your deviated septum repair should not have any bearing on your incision healing properly. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D. 

6 days post op Rhinoplasty, there is a small suture bump under the tip of my nose between my nostrils. Is this normal?

+1
You stated you are 6 days post op.  It takes weeks to months for all the swelling to subside.  The area under the tip of your nose appears to be a small suture line.  Your surgeon will know what type of sutures he used. See him for follow up to determine if you are having a reaction to the sutures.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD