Is Rhinoplasty and Lifting my Tip the Best Choice for Me? (photo)

Considering also scheduleing Rhynoplasty along with my Septoplasty. My nose is crooked and has a small bump. I hate how it looks wide when i smile. I'd really appreciate professional advise.

Rhinoplasty

+2

A Septorhinoplasty would certainly address all of your concerns. The framework of your nose must be straightened first (septoplasty) followed by an aesthetic rhinoplasty for nasal reshaping (removing the bump and decreasing its width). 

Web reference: http://rhinoplastyofbeverlyhills.com/

Rhinoplasty to "lift" the tip

+2

If by " lift " the tip you mean increase rotation of the tip i am not sure that is the immediate concern.  i do think someone with a the nasal features like yours would benefit from straightening the deviation, narrow the nose through out (judiciously), refining the tip, and reducing the slight dorsal convexity (hump) that is present

Is Rhinoplasty and Lifting my Tip the Best Choice for Me?

+2

Your tip can be refined and the overall size of your nose reduced.  In addition, the tip can be elevated.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhino/septoplasty

+2

A rhinoplasty/septoplasty with straightening of the nose, removal of the dorsal hump and tip refinement should give you a good result.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

+2

Straightening your septum will not only improve your  breathing but also the appearance of your nose. The entire nasal pyramid is crooked, the tip is wide and asymmetrical, and the profile is too full. You need to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you can achieve a natural result.

Rhinoplasty with Septoplasty for Bump and Crooked Nose

+2

Thank you for the great question and pictures! Yes, a rhinoplasty, in addition to your septoplasty, can help to straighten the nose and get rid of the bump on the bridge. If you had already planned to have a nose surgery, adding these things shouldn't be a problem. Your recovery time will be a bit longer, however, as there is more swelling on the outside of the nose with rhinoplasty. Best of luck moving forward!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Dear v.lo,

thank you for your question and photos. You are a very pretty girl.  De-emphasizing your nose will further emphasize your eyes.  A small reduction of the dorsum, refining of the tip making it less bulbous, and every so slight elevation would be a nice touch.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

A rhinoplasty would help correct the asymmetry and dorsal hump

+2

Thank you for the question.  A rhinoplasty would be bale to address the position of your nose and the mild hump on the bridge of your nose.  Additional refinements can be done at the same time if desired.  You will have to decide if you would like to proceed with a rhinoplasty and then if the surgeon that is performing your septoplasty will be doing your rhinoplasty.  If you have not had at least 2-3 consultations regarding rhinoplasty with several plastic surgeons I would encourage you to do so.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Is #Rhinoplasty a Good Option for Me?

+1

You could benefit from a rhinoplasty with the reduction in the bump on the bridge as well as refinement of the tip. You should see a plastic surgeon in your area who has signficant experience in rhinoplasty surgery as it is one of the most challenging operations we perform.

Vincent Marin, MD

Septo-rhinoplasty

+1

It would make sense to have your rhinoplasty done at the same time as your septoplasty.  The septoplasty will improve your breathing, but your nose is also crooked.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.  Computer imaging will also help you visualize what you might look like after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.