What Should I Do About These Linear Dented Scars from Excision? (photo)

Hello, I had dermal grafts planted onto my acne scars, but my surgeon made it to big and oversize. So, I had to go to another doctor to get it excised. It seems like he didn't do a good job in suturing. There are suture holes, suture lines, dented scar, and dog ear. I am now depress and don't know what to do. What can I do? Should I have it re-excise? Here are the pictures attached.

V Beam laser, silicone gel, time

+1
I absolutely agree, you do NOT want more invasive procedures, especially after all you have gone thru. I would not revise any scars for at least 6, possibly 9 months. 
If possible, see a laser dermatologist for early V Beam treatment- this can help remodel EARLY scars, and can reduce redness, and possibly stimulate a little collagen. Adding Silicone Gel or a sheet on a nightly basis can help. 
Use SPF ( you don't want the red bits to go brown), and give it time. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and Aesthetic Dermatologist
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Brisbane Dermatologist

Unhappy with revision results

+1
First you should wait 6 -1 2 months before doing anything.
Your scars look recent - they will improve with time.
Then consider some form of resurfacing with peels, lasers or dermabrasions. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Treatment of Facial Scarring from acne surgery

+1
I am sorry to hear that you have had a tough time getting the results that you want.  Quite some time has passed since you posted this photo.  How are you doing now?

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

A couple of dermabrasions really improves scars alot.

+1
Dermabrasions are where the skin is sanded down to smooth the skin and improve scars. These are not little microdermabrasion but real dermabrasions where the skin bleeds like when you fall down and scrape your knees when you were little. Scars will improve a lot with each dermabrasion. Often 2 are needed. Sincerely , David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Linear dented scars from excision

+1

It would be important to know how much time has elapsed since your procedures.  Injections with steroids and patience may help alleviate some of this condition.  For more aggressive treatment, deep facial resurfacing, as suggested by others, would likely be very beneficial.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser Resurfacing for Excision Scars

+1

Hi B.  Your best bet would be traditional or fractional CO2 or Erbium resurfacing.  Although the results may not remove the scars completely, they should help, especially since they are new.  The longer you wait, the more difficult the scars will be to revise.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Lasers might help

+1

Lasers can help reduce the appearance of scars. There are a few different types of lasers depending on how much down time you can tolerate. If you are in Northern California, might I recommend you try to see Dr. Suzanne Kilmer. She is one of the best laser experts in the country and is in Sacramento. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon