What Should I Do About These Linear Dented Scars from Excision? (photo)

Hello, I had dermal grafts planted onto my acne scars, but my surgeon made it to big and oversize. So, I had to go to another doctor to get it excised. It seems like he didn't do a good job in suturing. There are suture holes, suture lines, dented scar, and dog ear. I am now depress and don't know what to do. What can I do? Should I have it re-excise? Here are the pictures attached.

Linear dented scars from excision

+1

It would be important to know how much time has elapsed since your procedures.  Injections with steroids and patience may help alleviate some of this condition.  For more aggressive treatment, deep facial resurfacing, as suggested by others, would likely be very beneficial.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser Resurfacing for Excision Scars

+1

Hi B.  Your best bet would be traditional or fractional CO2 or Erbium resurfacing.  Although the results may not remove the scars completely, they should help, especially since they are new.  The longer you wait, the more difficult the scars will be to revise.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/scarsLaserRemovalBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Lasers might help

+1

Lasers can help reduce the appearance of scars. There are a few different types of lasers depending on how much down time you can tolerate. If you are in Northern California, might I recommend you try to see Dr. Suzanne Kilmer. She is one of the best laser experts in the country and is in Sacramento. 

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon