To Get Me to a Full C/small D? (photo)

Hello! I am planning on having breast augmentation later this month and am still undecided about size. I want a nice full C/small D that is natural. I am a 30 y/o, 5'4", fluctuate between 108-113 lbs, no kids yet. I am currently a 34B (pic included). He measured my BWD as 12 cm to 12.5 cm. My PS recommends 425 cc HP silicone dual plane through crease incisions. Is this a good estimate that will get me to that look I want to achieve? Thanks in advance.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think you have a great shape and the implants you are picking are very normal on the west coast and are large for the east coast, I think they will be bigger than a full C

Implant Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant selection and size issues

+1

Your plastic surgeon will do his best to get you the result that you desire.  Picking implant sizes can be a daunting challenge for the patient but an experienced plastic surgeon should be your most valuable tool.  For every choice there is a pro and con. This is an operation that you want to do once, do right and not have to do it over again.  All of the implants that you have selected are in the objective range for your body shape.  It becomes a matter of preference at this point as to the size.  50 cc difference will not make an incredible difference one way or the other.

Smaller implants with simultaneous lift

+1

At size 34 B each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  425 cc silicone gel implants would take you up 4 cup sizes from a B to a DDD.  I recommend smaller implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  The disadvantage of dual plane technique is that the implants will often extrude inferiorly and laterally, particularly with large implants (425 cc) and need revision.  Another alternative is placing the implant with simultaneous lift.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to place the implant, reshape the breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness, elevate them higher and more medial to increase cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant, which is more stable long term.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

To Get Me to a Full C/small D? (photo)

+1

Hi and thanks for your question.

Yes the size seems right. You may want to go and try out the size you chose and look at your self in the mirror wearing your favourite T shirt and your favourite Top. You will then know what they are going to look like. There are specific Breast Implant Sizers and i find them to be quite useful and reasonably accurate.

All the best and hope all goes well

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

Your photos reveal some breast asymmetry.  The left breast NAC appears to be lower and more lateral possibly a little larger. The size recommended appears appropriate to achieve your goal.  Best of luck

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Is this a good estimate to get me the look I want to achieve?

+1

You're the only one who knows the look you want to achieve and no one can get inside your head to be sure any size will achieve the exact look you want. My advice is to get a bra now and put 425cc HP implants in the bra in front of your breast and see how you like the weight, bulk etc. You will have a much better shape once the implant is behind your breast and your breast will give you a beautiful shape and configuration. But the technique I'm talking about will give you a very good idea of how much larger you will be, and it could be different than you expect. From your photo it appears to me that your left breast is slightly lower than the right and the right breast is a little fuller in the upper part of the breast than the left. If this hasn't bothered you previously, it will likely be less of a problem after augmentation, and less noticeable. My experience and your photo leads me to think you will likely be a full D cup or perhaps larger in some bras. I think most people would find your breasts very attractive now and after augmentation, but one advantage of trying the implant in a bra that you think you want to wear is that your choice of bras may change. It would not surprise to me if decided after surgery that a 36 bra was your preferable size. You should expect a near ideal result.

Joseph Hayhurst, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right implant size

+1

I recommend that all patients try on the implant size they are considering before surgery.  That way you know exactly the look that will be created.  425 cc seems like a reasonable size but you will be much happier if you try them on and confirm for yourself. Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your breasts' “starting point”,  you should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

The best breast implant size/profile for a specific patient will best be determined by considerations of breast/chest wall measurements and specific patient goals.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C or small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

To Get Me to a Full C/small D

+1

Thank you for your question and posted photo. What I don't know is your idea of a large C small D, and there are no standards cup size measurements to help. I have patients who look about your size who have bras labelled A, B, and C that all fit.

I would suggest trying on the implants and seeing how they look on you. They look a bit bigger on the breast as trials and compared to in the breast surgically, usually by about 5-10%. So if a 400 cc implant looks good, the 425 sounds like a good choice..

All the best.