Revision rhinoplasty: should I use the same doctor? (Photo)

I had septo and rhinoplasty back in September 2013. By a Kaiser cosmetic surgeon. I'm not sure if the best choice would be to have the same Dr. do my revision. He mentioned that he will be shaving down my hump. And will be doing the Goldman tip technique. Should I be looking for a different Dr. or should it be done by him considering he more or less is familiar with my nose already? Are those techniques appropriate for the revision? Please help!

How to choose a revision rhinoplasty surgeon

+1
Goldman tip techniques are considered by some to be great, and by others to be completely antiquated.  As a patient, it's important to be completely confident in your surgeon's abilities and abilities to provide you with the best care than it is with the specific techniques.  If you have any doubt, then it may be a good idea to consult with a few revision rhinoplasty specialists to get some different perspectives.  

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
Either the Goldman technique or grafting maybe appropriate for you depending on tissue thickness and cartilage issues. Discuss with your PS and find out his revision experience and conviction. A second opinion never hurts.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
If you are comfortable with your surgeon and trust that the changes he/she discusses are the same as your concerns then you may want to return to your surgeon. It never hurts to get a second opinion as well as digital imaging done to discuss what procedures should be done to provide the best aesthetic results. You can always return to your surgeon with this information to help you to be fully informed of your options. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision rhinoplasty: should I use the same doctor?

+1
  The names of the actual procedures matter little, rather the ability to execute precisely matters more.  If your surgeon is an expert at rhinoplasty and you trust him or her, then continue with him or her.