Dog ear revision, is this another dog ear?

I had a TT done 12 years ago and was left with two dog ears. I had dog ear revision done 10 days ago and was wondering if this is going to be another dog ear or excess fat that needs lipo to flatten? Thank you

+2

10 days is early after surgery, and swelling will be playing a role.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Healing After Abdominoplasty

+2

Healing After Abdominoplasty

As below, there is some swelling and maybe a need for minor lipo in the future.

Let things heal for a while.

Web reference: http://horowitzmd.com/body/abdominoplasty/

+2

At ten days it is too early to say. This may all be swelling and resolve without requiring attention. Allow several months, then reevaluate.

Dog ear

+2

by definition the photos show fullness above and below your scar and not at the end so this not a dog ear but probably fat that would benefit from revision in the future - It could also just be swelling so be patient

Brea Plastic Surgeon

Correction of dog ears

+2

There is a bulge at the end of the scar, but it is only 10 days since your surgery, so I would hope that this is swelling and so should settle. It looks like you will have a nice result but give it at least 3 months before you make any final decisions.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

That does not look like another dog ear

+2

Hi eagle eyes2911. I do not think you will have another dog ear. Wait a few months for the wound to heal, and then see your plastic surgeon if you are still concerned.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Dog ear revision

+1

Ten days out is way too soon to evaluate the results of this correction. That being said everything looks good so far.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

+1

Even at 10 days I see excess skin/fat. Wait a full 2 months than have more excision done. Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.