12 days post op. 550cc silicon gel. Increased pain swelling and slight firmness from lifting baby. (photos)

12 days post op 550 cc silicon gel Right side comfortable, left side tender n high. Swelling in cleavage towards clavicle. Occasional cramping. Minimal pain for first 10 days. I have a newborn (15 lbs) who after 10day recovery Im caring for again. Im careful when I lift him. Increase in pain on left side(day 11) n right side n shoulder blades(day 12). Slight increase in swelling n a bit more firm. Im icing and massaging. Am I damaging them?

+2
Stop the madness! Stop lifting your infant until fully healed! Call your surgeon to discuss this issue... 

Post augmentation pain with lifting

+1
Thank you
for your question. You have a very nice natural result. You should refrain from too much lifting for the first 6 weeks as your body heals. You also should wear a very good support bra for 4 weeks. It doesn't look like you have developed a hematoma. You
might ask your surgeon for a short course of flexeril to help with muscular spasm. You have a nice result. Take care of yourself. 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Heavy lifting hinders healing

+1
Thank you for your pictures. You're certainly not doing yourself any favors in your healing process. I understand that you have a young child and must care for your child but you must recruit help in doing so. Heavy lifting aggravates the muscle and prolongs is healing.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Post Operative Pain After Breast Augmentation

+1
I am sorry to hear that your left breast is bothering you. It is unlikely lifting your baby has caused any bleeding. Unless your discomfort gets worse, you should not be concerned and should focus on healing and being positive. There is no need to ice or massage your implants.  Although many doctors still advocate it, massage has never been shown to decrease your risk for capsular contracture, which makes sense based on what we know about the biology of it.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Swelling and pain after lifting 12 days post breast augmentation

+1
Based on your photograph I do not see the type of swelling and bruising I would expect if you have had a hematoma or bleeding.

However new acute pain after lifting so soon after breast augmentation could indicate some bleeding.  Next

I suggest you see your plastic surgeon for an examination and diagnosis.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS