What Can I Do to Fix Asymmetrical Breast Implants 8 Months Post Op?

I had a breast augmentation 8 months ago with a highly recommended plastic surgeon with impeccable credentials. 2 months ago I noticed my breast implants were not symmetrical and brought it to the attention of my plastic surgeon. He told me due to my natural asymmetry (which was not discussed pre op) that this was, in lack of better words, "as good as it gets". He said that after a year he would add more cc's but doesn't think it will change the appearance. Im not happy, what can i do? .

8 Months after Breast Augmentation and Asymmetry

+1

If the plastic surgeon is as good as you say, then stick with him.  If you want a second opinion, find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations per year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Symmetry after surgery

+1

Hi

thank you for the post. It is important to remember that almost everyone has some slight asymmetry. very few patients have true symmetry to begin with. 

Your before and after pics would be helpful in this discussion. 

Agree with the suggestion to get additional opinions. Look to hear from you soon. 

Bennett Yang, MD

Washington DC

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry post augmentation

+1

I would suggest you get a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon. Without an examination I can not recommend a treatment, but there should be multiple options. Looking at your preop photos with the way you look now will assist the second opinion what can be done.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/breast-augmentation-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of breasts

+1

I always try to point out asymmetries before surgery because inevitably patients will point them out afterwards.  Tough to answer without photos.

Asymmetry

+1

Without a picture, it is hard to tell if your asymmetry is due to a difference in volume or if one implant just sits higher than the other.  No plastic surgeon gets perfect results every time out, however, it sounds like he is interested in doing what he can to make you happy.  You can always get a second or third opinion from another plastic surgeon.  It never hurts to get another perspective from someone who can examine you.

+1

Without photos from both before and after your surgery it is not possible to answer with any specifics. No patients are exactly symmetric before or after surgery, and it is quite common for the difference to be more noticeable with larger size breasts. 

Please consider posting photos, and more useful responses will be possible. In the meantime, all I can suggest is seeking a second opinion in your area.

Thank you for your question, all the best.