Is it practical to go to a surgeon across the country for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Can you safely travel after? (photos)

I am in the process of finding a surgeon to perform a BBL for me in August but all the doctors in my immediate area (San Francisco Bay Area) seem to perform pretty conservative work and I much prefer the work of doctors I have seen in Southern California and on the East Coast (Miami & New York) who provide more of a Kim K. Nicki Minaj style result. Would I be able to board a plane a few days after surgery without killing the new cells? What would the healing process be like? Thank you!!

BBL and travel

+1
If you decide to travel to have your surgery, often surgeons will want you to stay in town for a week or two to see how things are healing. Best to ask your surgeon.

Is it practical to go to a surgeon across the country for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Can you safely travel after?

+1
It is best to find a surgeon in your local area. We all have patients come from many parts of the US and abroad for their surgery. If you plan on traveling, you need to stay 5-7 days after your surgery. You are a good candidate for a BBL, but the size is limited by the donor sites. You should evaluate the prospective surgeon's results by viewing pre and postop photos of patients which approximate your size. A BBL result depends on the surgeon's artistic eye to recognize the beautiful normal. It is more important to remove fat from the surrounding areas to accentuate the feminine curves than just create a large buttock. First one has to create shape by improving the buttock frame and only then should be enhanced.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

+1

90% of my patients are out of state. I think it is because of prices and vacations at the same time. Never the less i see that you are a good candidate for this procedure, if you are looking for drastic changes you will have to gain weight ,can you put a wish picture please to give me an exact answer. 
The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

+1
    I have patients from all over the US and other countries, and I can tell you that you need to be comfortable with your choice of surgeon.  Everything else can be overcome.