Intentional Breast Implant Deflation Leaving Shells Intact?

Today I had an intentional breast deflation leaving the shell intact. On my left breast at the bottom the valve is poking my skin and causing a burning sensation and constant pain. It's been 16 hours so I am wondering if in time the pocket will close and the shell/valve will be contained inside stopping the poking and pain? Can my PS manipulated the shell without surgery by turning it another direction? I love my natural breasts but have to wait 6mths to remove the shells. Can anything be done?

Intentional Deflation of Breast Implants and Discomfort?

+2

Yes, your plastic surgeon may be able to manipulate the breast implant “shall” externally. This manipulation may help move the valve/shell away from the area causing your symptoms.

Hopefully, this manipulation will be successful. Patients who have intentional deflation are doing so to allow for the breast skin envelope to contract over the course of several months.  This waiting period will allow for you and your plastic surgeon to determine whether additional surgery (for example breast lifting) will be helpful to you.

Implant removal

+2

Heather--

I am not sure why a six month wait would be necessary. If these are uncomfortable, that is six months of unnecessary discomfort!

It is not  a difficult thing to remove deflated implants, and usually this can be done with only local anesthesia, sometimes in the office if proper equipment is available.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Implant removal?

+2

I am not sure why you can't have the implants removed?  You did not give enought details to discern this.

Breast Implant Deflation Leaving Shells Intact?

+1

Thank you for your question. I would consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and determine the choice of options you have. Usually the best option is to remove the implant.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Implants and Pain?

+1

Deflated implants shells, which are causing pain, can be removed quickly in a short office procedure.

Waiting six months to remove "shells" not necessary

+1

Unless you are going to replace the implants and are allowing the skin to retract, I don't see any reason to wait six months to remove the implants.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD