What Should I Do for a Nose That's Too Pointy AND Bulbous? (photo)

Hi there. I have been considering rhinoplasty for a few years. I am 23 and want a classic, feminine nose, maybe something like Natalie Portman's or Audrey Hepburn's. I think that I am pretty but I feel like my nose needs some enhancement--I think it's too bulbous when viewed from the front and too pointy from the side, and just too massive in general, though I don't think my nose is gigantic or anything. What should I do? Should I even bother getting one?

Refining Your Nasal Tip - a Common Rhinoplasty Request

+1

Yes, a rhinoplasty would improve the balance of your facial features. So, if you have been considering rhinoplasty surgery for years and feel the slight refinements would make you happier and more confident with your appearance, you should do it. Find a well qualified facial plastic surgeon who understands your goals and go for it. Your goals for rhinoplasty surgery are certainly very reasonable and attainable.

Making the tip of your nose more refined and feminine is a very common goal for this type of surgery, and very straight forward to achieve. In addition to narrowing the area above the tip, otherwise known as the "supratip", I would suggest you might consider reducing the gradual fullness of your nasal dorsum to make your nose smaller and to fit more appropriately into your natural facial contours.

With this approach, the overall size of your nose is reduced so that it fits in beautiful balance with the rest of your face. Good luck!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip of nose

+1

You could do a fairly subtle revision of the tip. It should be done "open." You have a beautiful well proportioned face. Overreduction of the tip or failure to adqeuately support the tip would the biggest possible pitfalls with you. Ask if your surgeon has VECTRA 3D imaging. It would really help as a communication tool.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Nose That's Too Pointy AND Bulbous?

+1

Hi Beluga 89,

I agree with your concerns about your nose. You are a pretty woman, but your nose is out of proportion to the rest of your face.

From what I can tell from the pictures, you seem to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Refinement of your tip, reduction of the dorsum are necessary. I'd be glad to take a look at you, since we are neighbors and all, and give you an exam and evaluation. Please give me a call or send us an email through this website. BTW, please make sure you seek opinions from ASPS/ABMS  board certified plastic surgeons. It's really the only way to make sure you are getting a qualified surgeon.

All the best.

Pointy and bulbous nose rhinoplasty

+1

The decision is up to you whether rhinoplasty is worthwhile. In looking at your photos I can see how surgery could be used to refine the overall size of the nose. This could include treating the roundedness of your tip and bringing down your bridge height as well.

Consult with a few rhinoplasty surgeons to see what your options are and what results they think are possible.

To read more about bulbous nose rhinoplasty check out my web reference link below:

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-treatments/bulbous-tip

+1

You know the ONLY option for you is a full rhinoplasty. sep in person opinions from boarded surgeons in your city. 

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

+1

The goals of the rhinoplasty  are to reduce the bulbous tip, narrow the bridge, remove any hump, and trim back the hanging columella. All of this performed  as closed rhinoplasty, is an outpatient procedure performed under brief general anesthetic. Virtual rhinoplasty software app  is available on our website for you to get an idea of which are new nose might look like with surgery.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/boxytip_photos04.html

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and mild dorsal hump is a reliable procedure

+1

You appear to have a mildly bulbous tip with good projection. You also have a mild dorsal hump. My personal approach with would an open rhinoplasty with tip refinement and reduction of your dorsal hump. I would also consider a small chin implant in your case. These relatively basic cosmetic procedures should bring your nose in better harmony with your attractive facial features.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com

Rhinoplasty, should you do it

+1

The fact that you keep thinking about your nose in a negative way suggests rhinoplasty is worth exploring. You didn't mention Kate's nose as it too is quite popular at the moment. The best look for you can be discovered through computer imaging on your photos to try out changes on your features directly.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is certainly a difficult choice, but can easily be done. Look at as many before and after photos and once you find a good match to your nose, and like the result, you are more likely to get a good result. Good luck

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you feel that your nose could use refinement it is certainly possible.   Thank you for the photos but nothing replaces a good exam in person.  Good luck.