Will a Tummy Tuck Remove the Wrinkley Skin About 1.5 in my Belly Button? (photo)

Would a tummy tuck also remove the pregnancy induced wrinkled skin right over my belly button, and does it look like my scar could be 1/4inch into my pubic area or right above? I want to be able to wear a low cut bikini again. I am 5' 1" tall, 102lbs and fairly lean except for all the loose tummy skin. Thank you!

Tummy Tuck and the Amount of Skin Removal

+1

The amount of skin removal in tummy tuck depends upon the surgeon's technique and the patient's tissue characteristics.  A great deal of skin above the belly button may be removed in some patients with a lower belly button or a great deal of skin laxity.

Skin

+1

The only way to address the excess skin is with excision. Your scar may have to be higher or there may be an additional vertical component.

Tummy tuck

+1

A full tummy tuck will tighten that skin.  You may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck but it would not provide the tightening of skin above the belly button.  Only a full tummy tuck will do that.  There would be a scar around the belly button but the lower abdominal scar can be designed to fit into your bikini line and you should be able to wear a two piece again.

Will a Tummy Tuck Remove the Wrinkley Skin About 1.5 in my Belly Button

+1

From the photos you have attached it appears that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. 

There really is no limitation that would make the incision have to be higher than the hairline. What I can't tell without an exam is if there is enough skin from the upper abdomen to the navel to reach down to that incision. 

If not, the small hole from the incision made around the navel would have to be sutured, leaving a small vertical incision at the lower end of the abdomen. Some surgeons will avoid this by making the whole incision higher, but that makes little sense to me. Usually when there is a small vertical incision, it can be removed after a year or some in a minor touch up procedure. 

The other benefit you can expect is tightening of the abdominal muscles with resulting improvement of the overall contour.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Tummy Tuck Expectations/Outcome

+1

A tummy tuck procedure can improve the appearance of your abdomen but you must wrap your mind around a realistic outcome. That outcome will be an improved flatter abdomen with a scar not as low as you desire and a small vertical closure that used to represent the old opening for your belly button. This is because you have some excess skin and weakening of your abdominal muscles but not a large of amount.

I recommend a consultation and exam with a BC PS to gain the best perspective on your potential cosmetic outcome.

Dr. ES

Tummy Tuck and Location of Final Scar Line

+1

You are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck and much of what you desire can be achieved. The only question is how low the incision line can end up. It may not be able to be as low as into your existing pubic hair line. Note that the upper level of the pubic hairline will be raised as a result of a tummy tuck. So no matter where the incision line is marked prior to surgery it will not end up there at the end of the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Wrinkly skin.

+1

Thanks for sharing and the photos. In short, yes. You look like a pretty good candidate for a tummy tuck. See a local PS and good luck. Dr. Aldo.

Tummy tuck will typically tighten up all of the loose skin on your abdomen

+1

Judging from your photos, a tummy tuck should make the skin on your abdomen nice and tight.  You are a very good candidate for this procedure since you have both loose skin and loose abdominal muscles (diastasis).  Both can be addressed through a tummy tuck and so you should get a very nice result from this procedure.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Removing wrinkling skin with tummy tuck

+1

I think you are a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck!  Yes, your loose skin should be gone, and you should be able to have a low incision so you can wear a bikini.  I agree, you may need your abdominal muscles brought back together- a diastasis rectus repair, and this will help you to have a tight, flat abdomen.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Abdominal Wrinkles

+1

Yes, from your photos you should be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck.  The procedure should get rid of the wrinkles around your belly button.  I would also suggest tightening up the gap in your abdominal muscles (diastasis recti) caused by your pregnancy.  This will help narrow your waist line and improve your muscle tone.  Also the incision could be placed along the pubic area and kept within the bikini line.  Best wishes.   

Web reference: Http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon