The swelling, does it ever go down after injections to the smile area?

i had treatment done in smile area 1.0 cc and immediately had swelling more on one side than other side but looks so bad i don't know how it moved up my face area since it was injected in my smile lines, does this swelling ever go down and if so how long does it take

Swelling after Facial Injections

Restylane and Juvederm are great facial fillers.  Local swelling and bruising are potential side effects.  Generally swelling will go down in less than two weeks.  If the swelling does not go away then perhaps too much product was injected.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial fillers.

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

Swelling is common and temporary after filler treatments

Sorry to hear about your uneven swelling.  I understand why you feel concerned, but it is not uncommon for swelling to last up to 2 weeks.  If you feel that the filler product has migrated slightly from the original injection area or did not settle in evenly, then please revisit with your physician to have this assessed.

Good luck.

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

4455 148th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98007

Swelling is fairly common following injections of fillers. I would wait at least 2 weeks to allow the swelling to subside. If you are unhappy at that point, consider visiting your injector. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

Uneven Restylane Injections

Swelling is rarely symmetrical.  Many factors can influence the outcome of injections such as amount injected and bruising.  It can take up to 2 weeks for this swelling to resolve.  If after a length of time you feel there is asymmetry, the filler can be broken down with hyaluronidase. 

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

2261 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562

Swelling from injections into smile lines

Swelling is the most common side effect from fillers and really should be expected every time. Often swelling is uneven or asymmetrical. Let it resolve with some time - up to 10 days even - and then assess your results.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117