What's the right treatment strategy for my facial mole? (photo)

I was born with the mole as seen in the attachment (am in my early thirties now). It hasn't changed in size or color in the recent two years but probably has over a longer time period.

Mole removal

+1
The two best options for removing your mole would be by shave removal or punch excision. A shave removal involves tangentially removing the raised mole at the base in line with the surface on the surrounding skin. The risk in this procedure is that because the mole is raised it has a deeper root to it and shaving it off may not remove it completely. It may grow back partially and result in return of part of the dark pigment. A punch excision involves using a small tool to core around and deep to the root of the mole. After the mole is removed sutures are used to close the defect. This will likely remove all of the mole but it is possible you may have a more apparent scar. I would opt for the former option and if any of the mole returns you can always have it further excised later. Both procedures do not take long to do in the office.

Orange County Dermatologist

Dark moles are usually best excised.

+1
Excision of the dark mole and closed up with a couple of tiny sutures after dermabrading the edges would give the nicest outcome for roughly $350. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of facial mole

+1
If you would like the mole near your eyebrow removed, I would say you have two main options.  The mole could be shaved off, but it is possible that some of the pigment could remain even though it would be flat.  The other option would be to excise the mole and you would need to have some sutures placed to close it.  Either procedure could be done in the office fairly easily.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon