Had a non-surgical chin aug (Radiesse), decided I want implant instead. Do I need to wait until Radiesse dissipates to do that?

I had a non-surgical chin augmentation with Radiesse, then realized a chin implant would have been a better choice. Do I need to wait a year or so or until the Radiesse dissipates entirely to get the implant? How long should I wait? Thanks!

Radiesse first, now a chin implant. how long do I wait

+1
You need to wait 9 - 12 months to let about 1/2 the Radiesse absorb. If you had more than a syringe of radiesse, you may need to wait longer. 

Chin implant, chin augmentation with fillers and Radiesse

+1
Hello and thanks for your question.
My Suggestion is to let the fillers dissipate prior to undergoing chin augmentation. This will assure the best results for you. Chin fillers need to dissolve so give some time in between before next surgery.
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Chin Augmentation after Radiesse Injections

+1
Dear Jj, It would be best to wait a year until the Radiesse has dissipated in order to determine the proper size of chin implant needed for your best overall result. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Filler chin augmentation

+1
It would be best to wait until if and when the Radiesse goes away. If you have an inadequuate oe uneven result, you might try a HA filler to improve your appeatance in the meantime. The HA filler can be dissolved at any time if you don'kt like it. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidate after Radiesse

+1
A chin implant can certainly be inserted after the Radiesse injection. The problem is, the surgeon may  recommend the wrong size or shape because the chin has been artificially expanded with a temporary injection. It probably best to wait at least a year for the injection to be dissolved for  embarking on placement of a chin implant. For more information and many examples, please see the links below

Want Chin Implant after Radiesse Injection.

+1
You should wait until the majority of the Radiesse has dissolved.  Usually it will take at least a year. This can be determined by comparing your appearance with your pre-injection pictures.