How to get rid of these scars? (photos)

Hi, what kind of treatment(s) do I need to get rid of these scars ? I've had them since I was 7yrs old, would scratch wounds back then. And since then, I have never worn short dresses, short pants and skirts outside the house. This has tormented me and scarred me for life. I'm 21 now and would really appreciate professional advice. PS: Is scar revision needed ? Many thanks

Scars on Legs

+1
Topical treatments are unlikely to help.  To be honest, very few treatments are likely to help except for lasers, which are going to be costly and may make the situation worse.  Seek out a cosmetic dermatologist with expertise in lasers and who treats scars frequently. The process will be long and slow, but eventually it likely will improve the texture and tone.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar therapy

+1
You may benefit from a new formulation of topical scar therapy, see below:
Although the results of scar therapy vary from person to person and scar to scar, the results are typically permanent.

Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:

• new scars

• old scars

• surgical scars

• keloid scars

• stretch marks

• hypertrophic scars

• hyperpigmented (dark) scars

• various acne scars, burn scars and more...

These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter topical scar therapy gels or silicone sheets that are unsightly and/or fail to stay on. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home.  Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Unsightly scars

+1
It looks as though the scars are on your arms or legs. Unfortunately, results of scar revision on the extremities are frequently poor, because the powerful muscles in arms and legs tend to separate the incision lines after the most accurate revision.
If a patient comes to me with scars such as yours, I tell her that I will revise the scars if she would be happy with any degree of improvement and she has to recognize that the revised scars may look no better, or even worse, than what she has.
The good part is that this can be done under local anesthesia, and with multiple scars, I tell the patient to pick out the scar that she dislikes the most and we can try a revision there first, so she will see the results that she will receive.

John Newkirk, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon