Can I regrow hair on a large childhood scar on my scalp? It bothers me and is very noticeable. (photo)

Is there any at-home remedy? I have a pharmacopoeia of essential oils and herbs. Thanks. Anything helps

Can I regrow hair on a large childhood scar on my scalp?

+2
There are a handful of options. Scar revision can remove the non hair bearing scar and bring the edges together which should create a much finer scar. Hair can be transplanted into the scar. Lastly, this option doesn't replace the hair, but in some cases medical grade tattoo can camouflage the scar and simulate hair follicles in the scar tissue. Please discuss further with an expert in your area. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scalp scar treatment.

+2
Your scalp scar can be removed by cutting out the scar and closing it as I have done for 35 years. Injections will not do this. Hair transplants do not grow well in scar tissue.

Hair Regrowth on Scalp Scar

+2
There is nothing that will regrow hair into a scarred area.  Hair transplantation sometimes works well.  I have tried progresterone injections with success in a few patients in combination with rogaine foam.  We would gladly see you in the office for injections if you want to try this option, it is not covered by insurance however.  Best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Hair regrowth

+1
The best option would be a hair transplant into that area. Trying to cut out that area rarely works.

Jack Fisher, MD

Scalp scar

+1
A properly done scalp scar revision should give a nice result for a modrst amount of work and price. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon