I want to get my nostril narrow and reduce. Am I a candidate for a Rhinoplasty? (photos)

Greetings from a surgeon-to-be! As you can see, I have a fat nose with an okay shape that I wouldn't mind were it not for the huge nostrils. I want them as small and thin as possible--I don't care if they look "fake." Is this possible? If so, would it require open rhino and what cost would you estimate? Also, if I decide to go forward, I think I'd also reduce and shape up the tip to match and maybe turn it up. How close could I get to the tiny ski-slope nose of my dreams?

Alarplasty

+2
Narrowing the nostrils can improve the appearance of a wide nose. The ski-slope nose can be dangerous. It might appear cute but it can hamper nasal breathing at times. Making the tip smaller (conservatively) is reasonable. 
At young age it is common to have a certain image of an ideal nose but you have to live with that nose for another 60 to 80 years. When making a decision on an aggressive ski-slope nose or conservative nose keep the longevity factor in mind. 
Regards
Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want to get my nostril narrow and reduce. Am I a candidate for a Rhinoplasty?

+2
Best to seek IN PERSON examinations ONLY! Fee from $4,500 to $8,500. Good luck and study hard to become a surgeon... 

Tip rhinoplasty and alar platy candidate

+2
The tip of the nose can be refined and narrowed with a tip rhinoplasty procedure. This would involve suture techniques choroid removal to the nasal tip. An alar platy involves a small wedge of skin removed from the base of the nostrils. The thick skin on the alar side walls and nasal tip will be an impediment to seeing a  really refined result. 

+2
The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Problem with Wide Nostrils

+2
Your tip can be refined and the nostrils and nasal base narrowed to achieve your goals with a limited rhinoplasty if those are your only concerns.

+1
Thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty consultations should be done in person. A thorough exam is required as well as a lengthy conversation regarding your goals as well as your convalescence. I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

+1
Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for a closed Rhinoplasty with tip refinement.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options, and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1
   Tip refinement can be performed through a closed rhinoplasty.   The nostrils can be reduced as well.

Not Realistic

+1
Unfortunately, you appear to have thick skin and will probably never have the thin nose that you desire. I think you have unrealistic expectations. 

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Thick skin of nose always limits outcome from Rhinoplasty

+1
You can only expect a limited improvement from rhinoplasty because of your skin heaviness.  Thickness of skin limits the results of all rhinoplasties.  Most improvement  will happen at tip of your  nose.  Nostril width can be reduced.  However
nostrils can not be made thin without visible nostril scars.  Thus it is not recommended. 

Vasdev Rai, MD