Moderate Versus Larger Diameter High Profile?

PS suggested 339cc or 371cc (12.4cm or12.9cm >than my 12 cm base) moderate silicone implants above muscle Nipple is 16.5” from the top and 5 cm to center. I am very small 32A ( I do have lose skin/fat in breast) 5’1”, 105lbs, size 0 waist. I like a rounder, fuller look w/good cleavage. I was told the 339 would make me a B cup but now I want to be a full C. With High Profile, couldn’t I go to a 400, 425cc or 450cc (11.9/12/12.4cm) to accomplish what I want? Trade offs versus 339/371 moderate?

High Profile Larger Volume Implants

+1

If a patient wants a larger volume implant, high profile implants are frequently needed to minimize base width of the implant so as to fit on the chest wall.

Confused about size?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question. 

There are a lot of factors other than pure measurements that go into choosing an implant, such as shape of the rib cage, but in very general terms, a moderate plus profile implant will probably take you from an A to a C.  However, only a good physical exam can assess this.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Shape and size.

+1

Thanks for sharing. The options discussed are all good, but the bigger volumes you mentioned might make you wear a D cup, even though the diameter is fine for your base.  I have patients come back to the office several times because sizing is so important. Ask about a breast volume sizing system, made by Mentor, which helps a great deal to choose your implants. Good luck. Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Moderate Versus Larger Diameter High Profile

+1

If you really think being that large is your preference, the HP implant you note are within reason as far as breast width goes, but this is not the only criteria used for choosing implants. 

It is quite unlikely that you can go from a small A to a full C and have a natural looking breast. Without seeing you in person or having some photos to look at I can only guess, but that guess is that 450 cc implants will be too large.

Thanks, and best wishes. Go over your options carefully with your surgeon. Consider long term outcomes as well as short term goals. 

Moderate vs. High Profile Implants

+1

I prefer implants which are within 1 cm of the base width but not wider than your base width. In this way, you can prevent a large gap between your breasts. To see which bra size the implant will be, place the implant in bras to see which size it fits on you. The high profile implant will give more projection (push your nipple farther from your chest).You may be surprised as to which bra size gets filled with the implants you are considering.

Michael Horn, MD

Implants

+1

the high profile implants have a fuller and more artificial look than the moderate plus profile or the moderate profile implants

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Size of implants? High or medium profile?

+1

Don't go too big.  Going too big is the single most common cause of breast implant problems.  Also, going with a high profile to get more volume for the diameter is not likely a good idea.  The high profile implants can thin the breast tissue.  You need to be thinking 20 years down the road when you have your breasts re-done.  Don't risk long term damage to your breast tissue for a short term boobalicious look.

This had been on my mind lately because I have had a run on implant removal patients lately and I know from experience with these cases that the larger and tighter the implant, the more the breast tissue is thinned out.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Implant size

+1

You can go a bit larger if you want.  Personally, I think that for someone your size, 450 may be pushing it a bit.  It will definitely be in the D range.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Advising on breast implant size online not prudent

+1

Selecting the most appropriate breast implant size solely employing measurements and mathematics will rarely give you the best results. Instead, this information can be very helpful in pre-selecting a range of sizes and configurations. It is the artistic eye, judgement and experience of the plastic surgeon that can better give you the desired result.

Providing an explicit and correct answer regarding implant size is inappropriate and imprudent. A thorough consultation and examination is needed. However, it can be stated that given your goals and measurements, a high profile implant would probably be the better choice for you - but placement would also be advised in a submuscular pocket.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

What implant

+1

You are a small woman with high and "widish" breasts for your size. With all of the dimensions one doesn't know how much breast tissue there is. In my experience, there is a lot of difference in an "A" cup. You will not be a B cup with these implants but at least a C. I am concerned that the implants may be, in fact, too wide for your breasts. I would look for a surgeon that has the Vectra 3D imager that will give you an idea of how these implants will look. I think you are considering some large sizes based on your measurements. Also it may help to try on the implants in a bra and in clothes. At the end of the day, it is really not about the cup size, but about proportion. An Vectra may help with this. I can't give you a definitive answer without an exam and further evaluation with the help of this device. 

David R. Stephens, MD