Implants with No Lift...? (photo)

I am scheduled to have a BA on October 24th & have chosen 375cc Saline filled to 410 on one side and more on the right, under the muscle, nipple incision. My doctor does not think I need a lift. I consulted with another doctor who recommended a crescent lift, but ultimately decided I don't "hate" the shape of my current breasts and will be okay with larger versions of them. Am I crazy to think this?

Breast Implants and Lift

+1

Although breast implants and a breast lift would provide better results, breast augmentation can be performed first and a breast lift can be performed later.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Breast Implants with Lift

+1

It seems that your breast shape would be much better with an implant and lift. Your breasts will sit low without a lift, and most patients would be unhappy with that shape. Patients would much rather have a nice shape and more incision than the alternative.

Michael Horn, MD

You definitely need a breast lift for optimal breasts shape

+1

Hello

Thank you for the question and photos.  There is no doubt that to achieve an optimum breast shape you will need some type of breast shaping procedure.  The ideal breast shaping procedure for you will likely be a circum-vertical breast lift.  I am fairly confident that implants alone will not result in a good breast shape for you.  My recommendation at this time is to get additional consultations with well-trained board-certified plastic surgeons.

All the best

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Lift or no lift

+1

I happen to disagree with both surgeons.  I am sorry to add confusion to the issue, but I feel you need a lift and a smaller implant.  In your case, I think a crescent lift will be worthless and that you need a vertical lift, sometimes called a lollipop lift.  Granted, there are more scars, but the shape of your breasts will be much better.  Look for a surgeon with plenty of experience with all types of lifts.  It sounds like the ones you saw may not be comfortable with a more extensive lift, which is the best optioning your situation.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implants with no lift?

+1

With your arms raised they still look low. It looks  like you are probably a good candidate for  a  lift with implants. You might be a good candidate for a circumareola lift, but an exam in person would be essential to give a more accurate assessment.

Breast Lift and Breast Implants

+1

With the exception of one, nine other surgeons cautioned you regarding augmentation without lift.  Further, they cautioned you that a crescent lift is no lift at all.  I am the tenth surgeon to echo those sentiments!  It is very nice that you are happy with the shape of your breasts, but you are mistaken to think that breast augmentation without a lift will simply make them a larger version of what you have now. 

I am concerned about the surgeon you have chosen based on what you have said that he's told you, and strongly suggest you see others.  Breast augmentation should be performed by surgeons that also perform breast lifts, breast reductions, and revisions of those surgeries too.  These type of surgeons are almost always certified by the ABPS and members of the ASAPS, and are most likely to tell you the truth about what you really need, even if it is not what you want to hear.

You will need a formal breast lift in addition to breast augmentation in order to achieve a normal looking result.  This means you will have at least a scar around the areola and a vertical scar that travels from the bottom of the areolar scar and the bottom of the breast.  You should see examples of this type of surgery in before and after photographs.  In the hands of an experienced surgeon, the risk of complications remains low, and scarring should be a minor component in most individuals.  If however, you cannot come to terms with it, I advise you to not have surgery at all.  

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Adding breast lift with augmentation

+1

Just based on your single photo alone suggest that you will benefit significantly with breast lift. However, if you are unwilling to accept any additional scarring due to breast lift then you can go ahead with augmentation alone. Just be ready to accept that your breast shape may not be the most aesthetically pleasing after augmentation alone. You do have the option of doing breast lift (mastopexy) later should you wish to further enhance your breast shape. I wouldn't recommend a crescent lift and I don't believe just a larger implant will give you a larger version of your existing breasts. At the end of the day, most people would like to have fuller, larger breast but at the same time an aesthetically pleasing breast shape. I think you will benefit greatly with additional consultation with experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

You can get better result with full lift

+1

You need to have lift. If you like your breast shape now,you will not be happy with implants only. The position of your nipple and shape of your breast tissue require full lift .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Alone or Breast Lift Necessary?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice based on the single view photograph. However, based on this photograph, I think it is not likely that you will be please with the results of breast augmentation surgery alone;  personally, I would not offer this operation to you.

Be very careful with your selection of plastic surgeon and choice of operation… Best wishes.