What Happens if the Plastic Holding the Nasal Septum Poke out of my Skin, Now is Bleeding? (photo)

9 week ago,i had a septorhynoplasty turbinate section.Now the right nostril is still not healed. and my nose has been swollen ever since. I've taken Cephalexin twice to stronger meds and i've used Mupirocin ointment as well on that right nostril, before i found out the plastic was poking out from inside my nose. Now i'm bleeding a little when i swab and add my bacitracin. I've has a sealant added to my teeth yesterday, could it be why i'm bleeding. I paid $8000.00 and he's double board cert.

Re-Examination Encouraged

+1
Thank you for your question. With septorhinoplasty, the lining of the nose can be injured during dissection.  At times this can lead to healing with roboustly vascularized tissue called granulation tissue. You can also form an abnormal skin attachment called a synichium.  Both of these issues as well as others can cause minor bleeding two months after surgery. The are easily treated. I would recommend being re-examined by your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Exposed Inside of the Nose

+1

At 9 weeks out, it would be unusual to have anything inside of the nasal passageway. If you had an implant done at the time of surgery, I would be very concerned that it has slipped and is now exposed. This would need fairly urgent attention by your rhinoplasty surgeon. You need to get this answered asap.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Happens if the Plastic Holding the Nasal Septum Poke out of my Skin, Now is Bleeding?

+1

An exposed allograft implant needs removal after all this time. It will not heal and can cause serious issues. 

+1

You should contact and be seen by your Rhinoplasty Surgeon to examine your nose and address your concerns.

Plastic in nasal septum?

+1

I am confused as to why you would have plastic in your nose?  Do you still have an internal nasal splint in place after all this time?