Is Fat Transfer to my cheeks a perfect option for me? (photo)

I'm 26 but stress of school /work had me lose cheek volume & gain lower abs fat. I wana take care of the two issues at once, transfer the lower abs fat to my cheek making it round & full. I've been reading fat transfer isn't good cuz once transferred is there forever, what happen If I gain weight? I know that fat that survive keeps the same traits as where it was taken from. Personally I believe that fat is at least natural because it's coming from my own cells not like fillers. Any thoughts?

Is Fat Transfer to my cheeks a perfect option for me?

+2
Dear bambo87, thank you for your question. Fat transfer involves moving fat from areas of excess to areas of volume loss, usually in the face. Fat transfer has evolved greatly over the years. In our San Diego practice we use specialized microcannulas and meticulous fat preparation. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to review your options.Best of Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2
 No, in fact in my opinion fat transfer does not have the reliability and precision needed for Cheek Augmentation.  I have performed many Cheek Augmentations over the past 25 years using Cheek Implants and fillers (I prefer Perlane for this).  I personally don't believe that fat can begin to compare to a precisely shaped cheek implant.  Nor can it give the predictability of results of an off the shelf HA filler like Perlane.

The next and perhaps most important answer is that from the photo attached, you are correct that your cheeks are quite flat.  This is due to the actual shape of your cheek bones.  When seeking cheek augmentation, with cheek implants or fillers, it's extremely important that your surgeon understand the proper aesthetic principles of making a male face more angular = ruggedly handsome.  

We get e-mails, photos and patients from all over the world that have faces that are swollen, puffy and more feminine looking because these principles were not understood or followed.  Remember, the best cheek implant surgery that uses the wrong aesthetically shaped implant will not make your face more attractive.  Similarly, filler or fat placed in the wrong amount and/or in the wrong place will not create a more angular cheek and therefore not achieve your goal.  Hope this helps.  You may want to read my book on the proper aesthetics of facial and body beauty available on Amazon.

Fat Transfer to Cheeks

+2
I agree that fat is better than fillers to augment your cheeks. If you gain weight later in life your cheeks may enlarge just as the fat would have in it's original location. Consider implants which are permanent.

+2
   Fat transfer to the cheeks may be reasonable in your case.  An exam would be helpful to make this determination.

You may be a candidate for Voluma

+1
Thank you for posting a photo. If you are looking for more volume in the mid-dace area; my suggestion is Voluma. Voluma is a facial filler that will contour your face with the lasting effects for up to two years. Consult with your doctor to find out if you are a candidate for Voluma.

Bruce E. Katz, MD