Crooked Brows... Have an Idea for the Best Fix?

Doctors, I'm not a fan of my eyes. Can you give me some advice to make them more attractive? You may see something I don't, but the two things that stick out to me are my uneven eyebrows and heavy upper-eyelids. When I was younger, I got some sort of pox next to my right eye and the result is a scar and a little numbness.

Botox vs. surgery

+2

As always an in person consult is a must but you appear young so I'd favor strategic placement of Botox around the eyes, crows feet, and around the brow to allow for a lift.  I'm an surgeon by trade and I would say at the moment don't be oversold on surgery just yet.  The lateral hooding and heaviness of the brow is there but now may not be the time.

Proceed slowly and try things that are reversible for now. . .like Botox or Dysport

Chase Lay, MD

Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would proceed cautiously.

+2

Fall into the wrong office and it is easy to get what everyone else is getting at that particular office.  Too much eyelid surgery can steal what is youthful and great about your eyes.  You photos are not so good so it is difficult to be crisp in the discussion of what might help you.  You do have a heavy eyebrow with a heavy muscular wad.  Simply performing upper eyelid surgery will cause your eyebrows to fall further.  You might benefit from a forehead lift.  However, given your age, I might encourage you to start with a microdroplet Botulinum toxin treatment to create a forehead lift effect without surgery.

Crooked eyebrows and hooded upper lids

+1

Hooding of the upper lids is best treated with an upper blepharoplasty which involves a conservative amount of skin removal and fat removal from the upper lids. Minimally crooked eyebrows can be treated with Botox. Significant asymmetries of the brows  is best treated with a browlift as long as one or both of the eyebrows are  in a low position relative to the eyelids. Better pictures are required.

Crooked brows

+1

If you feel that your brows are uneven, the best treatment options are non-surgical, by an aesthetician (brow shaping, makeup tips, tattoo, etc.) Surgery cannot even out the brows and may even accentuate the asymmetry. Your heavy upper eyelids, however, can be improved with a surgical forehead lift or with botox to slightly raise the brows and open up your eyes.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Brow issues

+1

Of course an exam in person is best. Just based upon one photo it looks like you have some lateral hooding and may benefit from a lift.